Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Inglot 302

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Inglot 302


Gosh, how long has it been since I've posted? I predict I will be doing so a great deal more often in weeks to come! ;)

As for the photo, pardon the slight blur. I simply couldn't photograph this one's color shift in sharp focus. Inglot's Polish number 302 is a beautiful, sheer duochrome, and I definitely think it's worth picking up. Please don't let the photo fool you; the greenish sheen is not as weak as what you see in the photo. In person it's extremely in-your face.

Middle finger: Inglot 138, Ring finger: Inglot 302, Pinky finger: Inglot 302 over 138
Trying to photograph what this polish really looks like is harder than getting a shot of bigfoot. In any case, I shot this with Inglot 138 and on its own. On its own, this polish is a medium pigmentation pink with lime sheen, and I'm going to point out that this really is something you'll probably want to use on top: any white on your nail will definitely show up clearly visible.

It is not opaque, period. I've tried five coats and more, nope. This shade always stays sheer, no matter what (though after about five coats you get annoying issues with it drying down--y'all know how it is).

As a top coat, the pink tones get mostly lost and it adds a bluish lime sheen.

Whether I'm wearing it on its own or over something, you might want to slap a clear top coat on, as well. I think the wear is really excellent, a full week without trouble. The dry down is less than thirty seconds.

Random bit of info: this doesn't play well with elf polishes. For some reason, a lot of things I try to layer over elf don't like it, and I'm not sure why.

Inglot has other shades like this as well. I have one in my collection and if I can dig it out, I'll review it soon!

The Good:
  • I find it to be particularly unique. I haven't seen a lot of polishes like this, except at Inglot.
  • The wear is great.
  • It looks fairly nice on its own as well as over another shade.
  • Extremely fast dry down.
The Bad:
  • No matter how much you layer it, it will never be fully opaque. It's a shame, as I rather like the look of this on its own except for the visible nail line.
The Neutral:
 Nothing here.

Overall, if you're looking for one of those spice-up-your-collection shades, I could not recommend this more highly. The shift is nice and strong and the formula handles very easily (the drying time is really incredible). The only thing I don't like is that you simply can't make it opaque. Maybe over white polish?

This is $10 at Inglot.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...