VoxBox, and I thought lip gloss was a perfect place to start. This particular gloss is a nude called... Nude York City. Can I get a rimshot? C'mon, you know you love that pun. ;)Cheesey naming aside, this really does remind me of a lot of my favorite glosses. It's a sheer warm, subtle, shiny gold nude that I can wear with basically anything. I think I've worn it four days in a row, haha! The tube is long and flat, containing .24 oz of product (7.2 mL, for those of you unfamiliar with oz) and the doe foot applicator is long and skinny. I like it. While it gets product all over my fuller lips, I can't imagine it would cause trouble for women with thinner lips.
N.Y.C. boasts that this gloss "...has pure pigments that created a 3-D gloss effect. Vitamin E provides shine and a moisturizing feel. The formula is non-sticky, super shiny & soft. Available in 10 on-trend shades from neutral nudes, to berries & fuchsias."
|Nude York City|
This wears about two and a half to three hours on me, which is what I tend to expect from the average sheer, non-sticky gloss.
The major point that I think is worth raising is the smell. It's synthetic and fruity... strawberry maybe? Very sweet. It's not strong enough that I can smell it unless I'm actually sniffing the wand, but for the record, I don't like it.
|Nude York City on lips|
Pardon the upper left of my top lip. It always looks like I missed that spot, even though I didn't. Not sure why; I double-checked.
Me wearing Nude York City in my Timon look on Sunday. I think this is a really versatile shade that should suit a lot of people (though those with warmer tones might favor it).
- Pretty, and probably flattering on a lot of different skin tones.
- I like the applicator; it makes it simple for women with fuller lips to apply gloss all over without putting anyone out.
- Decent wear. Two and a half to three hours.
- I don't like the smell and I can see it being problematic for those with more sensitive noses than mine who also don't like it.
- The formula can leave shimmer behind. Not a huge problem, but not pleasant.
- This falls on the side of sheer. If that's what you're looking for, that's what you're getting!
This is available from various drugstores like Walmart, Target, Rite Aid, CVS, Family Dollar, Duane Reade, Kmart and HEB for $2.49. You can get info about the other shades (and other N.Y.C. products) from NewYorkColor.com.
This review contains a product that was provided free of charge from Influenster's VoxBox program for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.