Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Influenster's VoxBox Holiday 2011

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Influenster's VoxBox Holiday 2011


Hello, everybody! I mentioned the VoxBox in my last post, and I'm sorry I couldn't get this up yesterday; blogger was giving me trouble with aligning things.

In any case, I'm going to do a quick little post about something called VoxBox!

So here's a quick overview of what VoxBox is: it's a free service by Influenster--the idea being that by means of the box being sent to people with influence, the brands get reviewed.

I honestly assumed this box would be mostly sample sizes, but it really exceeded my expectations in that regard. Most of the products were full sizes.

Here's a quick list of the products included in my Voxbox:
  • 1 sample sized 'Larabar' in Peanut Butter Cookie, along with a coupon for $1.00 off of a future purchase of two Larabars.
  • 1 trial sized mask by Montagne Jeunesse in Kelp and Seaweed (A full review of this will be going up either tomorrow or the next day! I love it!)
  • 1 full sized tube of N.Y.C. New York Color Liquid Lipshine in Nude York City (A review of this will hopefully be going up tonight--I was wearing it in Sunday's Timon Look!)
  • 1 full sized bottle of Mentos Pure Fresh chewing gum (The flavor lasts a really long time, and I really love how this is really, really minty without actually hurting my eyes--for the record, when I was younger Altoids burned my eyes when I ate them)
  • 1 full sized Broadway Nails Impress Press-On Manicure in Over The Moon, along with a coupon for $1.00 off on a future Impress Press-On Manicure (I will be reviewing this on Saturday, after I've worn it for the full week it claims to last for).
  • 2 full sized Softsoap's Coconut Scrub Bars
  • 1 30-day supply of X-Out's Wash In Acne Treatment. I got this because I was part of a certain demographic of people getting VoxBoxes. There were some folks who got a lash primer or a fragrance, as well. This is a little different than any other acne treatment I've tried, and I'll be reviewing it very soon!
I also got a card explaining the basic info on all of the products. Participating in Influenster's VoxBox program was definitely worthwhile--I got to try out loads of nifty things that I may not have tried on my own. I'd never even heard of X Out before! In any case, I definitely suggest that you guys join up. It's free and you get a good smorgasbord of products in your box to help give you topics for posts (and they aren't all makeup/skincare boxes either!) All you have to do after you get your VoxBox is check it in and fill out a survey at a later date.

Disclosure: I received the VoxBox free of charge from Influenster. This doesn't effect my evaluation of the box itself or the products included.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...