Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Zoya Nail Polish in Tao

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Zoya Nail Polish in Tao


Pardon the slight bubbling: I was a bit overzealous with a new top coat, and you know what that can look like. Trust me, it wasn't the polish. I tested it a second time to make sure. Anyway, I love the uniqueness of Zoya's color selection--I've found so many shades within just this collection that are just so special! Tao is very different from any shade I've seen (at least recently).

Tao is a greyed/blackened up pearly teal. I cannot remember having seen a blackened teal polish before. I'm not the biggest nails girl in the world, so that might explain why, but yeah. I love teal anything so this really rocked my world!

The formula was a great consistency; neither too thin nor too thick. It dried with fair speed: after painting all five of the nails on one hand, I was able to go back to the first one for a second coat, no sweat. This was opaque in two coats.

The wear was great for me. All week with a top coat, no chipping to speak of.

The Good:
  • The color is pretty darn unique, if I do say so myself. I'm trying to think of another blackened teal--I'm sure there is one, but I can't think of it. And a pearly one at that? Forget it.
  • Non-fussy formula makes for easy application.
  • Reasonably quick dry-down.
  • Good consistency. Neither too thin nor too thick for me.
  • Opaque in just two coats. 
  • Good wear: a whole week with a top coat.
The Bad:
Nothing here!

The Neutral:
Nothing here either.

Overall, once again, Zoya's polish formula has treated me well. The shade is pretty unique in my experience, so I was very happy with the shade as well. If you like the color as much as I do, I definitely recommend snatching it up!

This is currently $8.00 from Zoya.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...