So here's the last Color Icon Trio I'm going to be reviewing for a while. I just need a break, you know? Anyway, I bought this at the same time as I bought Silent Treatment, and while the colors aren't exactly my style, I do like the combo enough.
If you want a close look at the packaging of the Color Icon Trios, please check the review I have up of Spoiled Brat: I go in depth about the labeling and applicators, et cetera.
First, I'm going to say that I had no issues with the texture of these shadows. They were all very smooth, pigmented, and easy to blend. Very good quality, in my opinion.
|Left to Right: Browbone, Crease and Eyelid shades from 'Walking on Eggshells'|
Don't get me wrong, you can use them together to create a really pretty soft look, but I prefer to use these shades in other more colorful looks. That's just my personal taste, though.
The Browbone shade is a frosty white.
The Crease shade is a light-to-medium warm-ish tan.
The Eyelid shade is a shimmery peach.
- Super affordable on pretty much any budget.
- The three shades are smooth, blendable and offer excellent pigmentation.
- The colors in the palette are cohesive and well-coordinated.
- These are good nudes for someone looking to start up a makeup collection. Plus, at their price point if you're going to get these colors, you may as well get them for basically a dollar each.
I can't think of anything for this one.
- The applicators are useless, but I assume you aren't buying this for those anyway.
- Probably easy enough to dupe.
This is currently available at various drugstores for $2.99.