Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Wet N' Wild Color Icon Trio: Silent Treatment

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Wet N' Wild Color Icon Trio: Silent Treatment


Ever think a product would just be okay and then get seriously wow'd? After I finished up testing the six palettes that Wet N Wild sent to me for review, I was so impressed in general that I picked up some more stuff from their brand, among them this palette. I expected to like Silent Treatment, but I didn't expect to fall in love.


If you want a close look at the packaging of the Color Icon Trios, please check the review I have up of Spoiled Brat: I go in depth about the labeling and applicators, et cetera.

I feel like, in my experience so far, a lot of these trios had just one shade that threw it off: not all of them, just a few. Not so with this one. The texture, the wear, the blendability was all perfect with these three. And oh my goodness, the colors!

LtR: Browbone, Crease and Eyelid shades from 'Silent Treatment'
I haven't seen shades quite like the browbone and lid shades in a drugstore palette at this quality before: generally I've found lighter shades like this to feel either dry or chalky. Definitely not true with these! Smooth sailing all the way!

I also love how these shades look together. I don't know that I'd have matched the Browbone shade to the Eyelid shade myself, but they definitely go well together. I'll be posting an eye that I did with this palette later in the day. Very soft and pretty! I swear, as soon as I started putting the lid shade on my eye, I knew this was going to look awesome.

The Browbone shade is a pale peach with silvery shimmer.
The Crease shade is either a soft brownish black or a deep blackened brown. Both are apt descriptions, in my opinion, but I think it's closer to the former.
The Eyelid shade is a pale silvery lavender.

The Good:

  • Super affordable on pretty much any budget.
  • All of these colors have great texture.
  • The colors in the palette are cohesive and well-coordinated.
  • The colors are all well pigmented.
  • I think these colors at this quality is really rare for the price point.
The Bad:
Nothing here!

The Neutral:

  • The applicators are useless, but I assume you aren't buying this for those anyway.
Overall, unless you have dupes for all of these colors already? I try not to throw this sentence around too often, so it has some weight when I do say it: I really think you need this. It's cheap enough, it's great quality and I think it would be flattering on a wide range of skin tones. Best $3 I've spent in a long while!

This is currently available at various drugstores for $2.99.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...