Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Toolsday: Sephora by OPI Nail Polish Remover

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Toolsday: Sephora by OPI Nail Polish Remover


I've used a lot of nail polish removers over the years, and most of them were horrid. A necessary evil, if you will. Sephora by OPI's nail polish remover was actually almost... pleasant?

Firstly, it sorta smells good. Really. It's like grape and aloe, perhaps with a touch of an alcohol scent (though there's no alcohol in this). It's a little like smelling grape perfume in the bottle rather than when it's on. And it's an acetone remover? Where did the acetone smell go? This would be a negative if you hate the smell (though I like it, personally) but I think even if you're indifferent to grape scent it's probably gonna be a positive. Grape>Noxious fumes, yes?

The smell isn't very strong either. I really don't smell it much unless I put my nose near the cotton pad I'm using or the bottle and take a whiff. I don't have the most sensitive nose in the world, though!

In any case, like acetone removers tend to do, this melts polish right off, and I don't need much to do the job. Saturating a cotton pad with this stuff is more than enough to get the polish off my fingers and toes. It even makes getting glitters off a lot easier--though I still wouldn't call it easy. That's just how glitters are, right?

Best of all, unlike a lot of nail polish removers that are largely acetone based, this doesn't leave my nails, or the skin around my nails dried out. In fact, after using this my nails feel great.

The bottle is a basic sturdy plastic bottle with a black cap. 

Ingredients: Acetone, Water, Grape Seed Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ethylexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Limonene, CI 60725 (Violet 2)

So, I know this can't be the only good remover out there. Besides Zoya, do you guys have any recommendations on other removers I ought to try?

The Good:
  • Works great: it melts polish right off.
  • You don't need much product to do the job.
  • The scent is nice. I like the grape. Some might not, but I think a lot of people would prefer it to the smell of most polish removers.
The Bad:
It depends on how you feel about acetone.

The Neutral:
  • This contains acetone.
Overall, if you don't mind using a remover with acetone, I think this is a great choice. I love that this doesn't smell like a normal remover: it smells pretty good. I also like that it wasn't harsh on my nails.

You can currently get a 2 oz bottle of this for $5.00 and 4 oz bottle (the one pictured) for $9.00 at Sephora.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...