I recently had the opportunity to try out a very interesting new product--Prrty Peaushun's Skin Tight Body Lotion. It really isn't like anything else I've ever tried, and I'm pleased to say that I enjoy it!
Firstly, a quick answer to the obvious question: What is it? In a sentence, it's a body lotion that helps to lessen the appearance of imperfections on the skin. I can totally dig that!
The packaging? I have mixed feelings on it. Prtty Peaushun comes in a pouch. I was scared it might bust open or something, but it feels sturdy enough that I really doubt it would. But attractive? Not in particular.
One thing I do like about it is the fact that with a pouch like this, I'm sure you can squeeze every last bit out.
The texture of this is rather thin and not at all heavy, which I think those who are oily skinned will appreciate. It's reasonably moisturizing, but I think if you're on the dry side, you may want to use a different heavier moisturizer beneath (depending on how dry, of course).
The scent is a pleasant one, in my opinion. It's a citrus-y herbal scent, which I think is grapefruit and green tea, judging from ingredients (the bottle attributes the smell to 'peaumelo'--pomelo is grapefruit). It's light, but it definitely lingers. Smells are very subjective, though and if you don't like it, I can't imagine that'd be a good point for you.
Prtty Peaushun is available in five shades and I chose 'Dark' because 'Deep' looked a bit too deep for me, and I guessed right! 'Dark' is perfect. Sometimes when there isn't really a large number of shades that can make me nervous, but this stuff is sheer enough for a ballpark shade to be good enough. The best part? After it dries down, it doesn't come off in my clothes. Love it!
This stuff has a laundry list of claims, so I'm going to go through them one by one.
From the back of the bottle, "Subtle light-reflecting particles in a natural emollient base give the skin a gorgeous, flattering glow."
Yes! I do feel that this makes my skin glowy in a way that's very flattering (picture later on in the post). And when they say 'subtle light reflecting particles' they definitely mean subtle. I saw it in the lotion itself when I was examining a bit of it on the back of my hand (What? That's not an odd thing to do, is it?) and the shimmer in this is ultra fine and not really even visible on the skin unless you're getting very up close and personal.
"Radiance conceals minor imperfections and enhances definition to create a sexy, slimmer silhouette."
It definitely does conceal minor imperfections, but only very minor ones. I definitely think it draws the eye away from more obvious ones. As for the bit about the 'slimmer silhouette'? I'm actually really not sure about this. It makes my skin feel firm (and look firmer) but I don't know that it makes me look thinner per se. I suppose my answer to that is not really a yes or no. I'm going to say, 'Insofar as a lotion can create a slimmer silhouette.' Just don't expect any miracles, and I think you could be happy with how this makes your body look--since it helps make my stretch marks look less obvious and makes my skin feel firmer, for example, it does make me feel like I look a bit thinner, but not significantly.
"Infused with an innovative blend of natural plant extracts to lift, firm, tighten and diminish the appearance of cellulite, stretch marks and varicose veins, as well as minimizing bruising and sore muscles."
The ingredients list is pretty attractive, and I find it does firm my skin a touch. Lift, tighten? There's only so much of that that a lotion can do, and I feel those words give some lofty expectations (though I went in skeptical on that to start with). Once again, insofar as one can expect from a lotion. It definitely reduces the appearance of stretch marks--I don't really have much in the way of cellulite or varicose veins, though you can see in the below picture that it does make my regular back-of-the-hand-veins more subtle. It takes a bit of the edge off sore muscles, though that could be from massaging it on. It's no Icy Hot in any case.
Now for whether I like it or not: I really do.
As someone who has marks left behind by eczema all over her body, I've been looking for something to make them look a little better for ages. Mainly I've been turning to body foundations, which wind up looking... not so good. They just sort of wind up looking fake, occasionally caking, transferring onto clothes. So basically, it just hasn't worked out.
This though? Exactly what I was looking for, even though I didn't know it at the time. It doesn't cover like a foundation by any means: it isn't one. Instead it sort of just lessens and makes spots look less harsh: it adds a glow on top of my skin that pulls my eyes away from the imperfections on my skin, and in doing so doesn't look 'fake' at all.
|Top of hand blended into wrist area, Prtty Peaushun|
Bottom of hand, nothing
The ingredients are currently fully available on Prtty Peaushun's Website (just click 'ingredients' on the sidebar!)
- Does lessen imperfections.
- Doesn't cake.
- Coverage is super-sheer; I find that this looks more natural.
- Adds a pretty, subtle glow to skin.
- I like the texture--if you're drier, you may wish to use a cream in addition, though.
- I really like the scent. I only liked it when I first got it, but at this point, I just think it smells awesome. This is subjective, though.
- I like the ingredients list.
- Doesn't transfer onto skin once it dries down (which it does quickly).
- I find that a few of the claims seem a bit overly lofty--it's a lovely product, just go in remembering that a lotion can only be expected to do so much.
- I haven't tried other shades, but the 'Dark' shade, at least, may be a bit overly warm for very cool skin.
- Whether you like the smell as much as me is going to be subjective.
- Five shades--the ultra-sheer coverage makes me think that this'll be enough to cover most skin tones.
- Not sure how I feel about the packaging. The pouch'll allow you to get every drop out of it, but at the same time, It's not really attractive. It's functional enough, I suppose.
This is currently $36.00 from Prtty Peaushun.
And now for the fun stuff: Prtty Peaushun has agreed to provide a bottle of their Skintight Body Lotion (in the color of the winner's choice) to one lucky reader!
First, some rules:
- U.S. only! I'm very sorry, international readers--I promise I'll eventually have something for you guys, too!
- You must have reached the age of majority in the area where you reside--in Alabama and Nebraska you must be 19 or older. In Mississippi, 21 and up. Elsewhere the age of majority within the U.S. is 18. If you are a minor, you may have a parent enter on your behalf, using their own email--I want to make sure they know I'll be requesting your address, and the best way to do that is by requesting it from them instead of you.
- Once you provide your address to me, you are consenting to my providing that address to Prtty Peaushun so that they can ship you your prize.
- Only one entry of each kind may be submitted per person--a minimum of one entry and maximum of five are possible.
- The giveaway closes in two weeks; October 3, at 11:59 p.m. The winner will be informed via email within 48 hours. Should they fail to accept within 48 hours of the email being sent, a new winner will be chosen.
- I reserve the right to void any entry made improperly.
- There is one required entry. Tell me why you want to try Prtty Peaushun! Any reason will do. Make sure to put your email in this text box.
- All other entries are optional, including following this blog via GFC. If you do so, however, and unfollow after the giveaway, you will be disallowed from entering future giveaways. It is an optional entry: Please follow only if you have interest in following this blog.