Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Pop.C Lenses in Dark Brown

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pop.C Lenses in Dark Brown


I'm totally into circle lenses now, as I'm sure you all have noticed. Just recently, I was excited to get my first prescription pair. These were sent along for review by DBeautyShop. They happen to be my first pair of lenses that aren't by Geo, and I also think they look absolutely wicked!

A few quick notes on DBeautyShop: their store is attractive, well-organized and they offer those cute little animal shaped lens cases free with every pair of lenses you buy. Their prices are competitive and they have a very diverse selection of brands and colors. The shipping time was about standard for an international lens store--about three to four weeks. Not quick, but more or less what a lot of people come to expect internationally.

Now for the basic details: These lenses have a 38% water content, an 8.6 base curve and and absolutely massive 16.00 mm diameter, according to the vials (though I've seen many websites--including DBeautyShop list them as 15.5mm). But y'all know how I am: I think bigger is better!

These are available in in both non-prescription (plano) and prescription versions. These go up to a -10.00 prescription, which is a very good range.

Pop.C Dark Brown in the case provided by DBeautyShop
These lenses are pretty incredible. There's something about them that just makes me think black hole. There is a pitch black outer area going into the thick limbal ring with a gradient moving inward to a warm brown.

They do look different on the eyes than they do in the case (note that I'm taking a picture of the inside of the lens in the case, not the outside).

Check 'em out:

No makeup and no lens
Mascara, wearing Pop.C Lenses in Dark Brown
Hope y'all don't mind me recycling my lens-less picture from the other day. It's not like my eyes look significantly different from day to day, you know?

I think part of what keeps the size from being completely overwhelming is the dark color. It's like wearing a black hole in my eyes, and I mean that in an entirely good way. The effect is eye-catching and very cool.

Wearing Pop.C Lenses in Dark Brown
Pardon the bags. They don't really go away once school starts, and I never bother covering them up. Here, I'm just wearing some foundation. I really love the warm shade of brown. It's almost yellow-y.

I find these comfortable for all six hours that I wear them, and they treat my eyes very well, even though mine are sensitive. I never wear lenses like this for more extended periods, though.

The Good:
  • I like the feel of these. Basically, I don't feel them once they're on.
  • I love the rich black going into the equally rich brown. It's not natural, to be certain, but it looks awesome!
  • The design is lovely, and I think it'd be flattering on people many different colorings.
  • These can last up to a full year--DBeautyShop recommends replacement after 6 months.
The Bad:
Nothing here!

The Neutral:
  • These are very large lenses. Personally, I like them, but they might not be what everyone is looking for.
  • Shipping was average--not fast but not terribly slow for international.
Overall, I think these lenses look really amazing on my eyes, and I really think a lot of people will enjoy them. They offer a lot of enlargement, but I think the depth of the color still makes them look like a more wearable large lens. If you like the look of these lenses, I think you'll be happy with them. They're gorgeous!

These are currently $39.90 from DBeautyShop.

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...