Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Kingdom Hearts Inspired Look: Axel

Monday, September 5, 2011

Kingdom Hearts Inspired Look: Axel


One of my favorite characters in the Kingdom Hearts series of games was Axel. I've been planning on posting an Axel Inspired Look forever, but I just never got around to actually doing it.

Image borrowed from the Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Axel's sort of an obvious choice for a character inspired look, isn't he? He's one of the only characters in Kingdom Hearts that I can think of right off the top of my head who's actually wearing makeup. Jafar, Axel... I guess something about being a villain just gives a character automatic fabulous eyeliner abilities, or something. At least in fiction-land.

I initially wanted to do red, winged liquid liner in keeping with Axel's own makeup (heehee!), but I don't own a red liquid liner so first I tried using red shadow as liner. I'm really bad at stuff like that, though, so I just gave up on that and tried to give a sharp, wing-ish shape to the eyeshadow I did.

Brushes/Tools:
  • Origins Well Off Fast and Gentle Eye Makeup Remover (Effective remover that doesn't leave a residue)
  • Cotton swab (Reasonably precise object with which you can use makeup remover)
  • Large, dense blush brush (MAC 129)
  • Large, dense shader (MAC 252)
  • Medium shader (MAC 239)
  • Fluffy oval-shaped blending brush (MAC 217)
  • Pencil brush (MAC 219)
Cosmetics:
  • MAC Blush in Fever (Deep blue red)
  • MAC Lipstick in Viva Glam I (Matte red with brown undertones)
  • MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist (Metallic-ish plummy brown cream base)
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Gash (Deep brown-toned red)
  • Shiro Cosmetics shadow in Unsatisfactory Mark (Bright red)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Perversion (Deep black)
  • Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara (black, lengthening, volumizing)
Eyes:
Prime your eyes if you want to (I don't if I'm using a paint pot) and then take Constructivist on the 252 and spread it all over the lid and slightly into the crease. Pick Unsatisfactory Mark up on the 217 and blend it into the crease, pulling down toward the lower lashline. Pick Gash up on the 239 and pat it all over the lid. Pick the 217 up and blend some more. Take Gash on the 219 and put it under the lower lashline. Line around the eye with Perversion. Take makeup remover on your swab and drag it from the outer corner of the eye in the general direction of the outer corner of your eyebrow to give the eyeshadow a sharp-ish triangular shape. Mascara!

Lips:
Apply Viva Glam I.

Face:
Do foundation as normal. Touch your 129 to the pan of Fever (if you own Fever, you know that that's more than enough). Sweep it onto the apples of your cheeks.


I think I got what I was going for. I know some people are very methodical when they do the sharp-angled shape. I know of someone who traces the shape they want around their eye with white eyeliner and then goes inside of it with a pencil brush, then fills it in. Too much work for me! I like making a mess and cleaning up afterward.

I also want to point out that Constructivist was really important: Gash looks really different from this lid color on its own. The layering is what makes it looks so pale-ish.

Hope you guys enjoyed!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...