Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Geo Xtra Series Lenses in Love Green

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Geo Xtra Series Lenses in Love Green


The second pair of lenses that I tried from iCandy Style were super special, so I decided to save them for last... out of two. I know it's silly, but I always save best for last!

I wore these this past Sunday for my Yzma Inspired Look, and a lovely reader contacted me letting me know that there are some people who call these 'Geo Xtras in Love Green' or 'Geo Xtra Loves in Green'. In any case, I figured calling them 'Geo Xtras in Love Green' would be less mind-numbing than repeatedly typing WT-A03 whenever I want to refer to them, so that's what I'm going to do (just FYI).

 I received these very promptly from iCandy Style, and you can check out my review of the Blue Geo Ultra Angel Lenses that Joeyy (the owner!) sent to me for more info on their site and service.

So here are the basic stats, so to speak: These have an 8.7 base curve and 38% water content. These are yearly disposables with a 15.00 mm diameter: very large! As far as I know these do not come in prescriptions; plano only!

With the basic stuff out of the way, here's the reason I adore them:

Geo Xtra Lenses in Love Green in iCandy Style's provided case
See those little heart shaped black flecks? Oh my goodness, so cute! Obviously, they are quite small and not visible from a distance. As you can see, the color in these lenses aren't completely opaque. Rather than turn my eyes a bright true green they tint the brown to an emerald shade. They still read looking very green, but not the lime green you see here.

These feature a highly defined black limbal ring, that I think looks very pretty.

No makeup, no lens
No makeup, wearing Geo Xtra Lenses in Love Green
Wearing the lenses with makeup
Just a note, I recycled my lens-less picture from last week. I'm squinting a bit in the second picture because the light in the room was quite bright. In any case, I love the way these look from up close. They have a lot of interest in the iris and I love the depth the green takes on against my dark eyes.


Like I said, while the green wasn't entirely opaque, they were opaque enough to look very green, even from a decent distance. Obviously you can't see the design from this far away. I really like this color of green on me and think that the shade would work well on a lot of people.

These are very comfortable on me. I can wear them for six hours with no problem whatsoever--I've worn them four times now and I haven't had to use eye drops with them at all.

The Good:
  • Very cool design from up close--I actually got a compliment from a girl I was talking to in my Public Speaking class (she was sitting right behind me, so when I turned around, she was close enough to see the little hearts).
  • The iris is nice and pigmented, so while it's not 100% opaque, it still shows up nice and bright on my very dark eyes.
  • This is all in personal taste, but I find these very wearable because of the way they 'adjust' my natural color without overtaking it--not that there's much I don't consider wearable!
  • I found these comfortable!
  • I got my lenses very quickly from iCandy Style
  • These can last up to a full year.
The Bad:
See neutral, maybe.

The Neutral:
  • These are very large lenses. Personally, I like them, but they might not be what everyone is looking for.
  • As far as I know, these lenses are plano (non prescription) only. 
  • Not 100% opaque. They look lime green in the case and vial, but they adjust with your eye color. On my very dark brown eyes, for example, they look like a pretty emerald shade. On lighter eyes, I imagine they'd look closer to the lime shade.
Overall, I really think these are special and fun. The design from up close is super cute, and I think the shade of green has the potential to be flattering on many eye colors. They enlarge a lot so bear that in mind. Also, if complete and utter opacity is a priority for you, I might try a different model--for me personally, as long as I can see a nice looking, decently obvious color change, I'm happy. I think these are a really pretty lens to buy, and would definitely recommend them to anyone interested in a fun larger lens.

These are currently $29.79 from iCandy Style.

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...