Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Geo Ultra Angel Lenses in Blue

Monday, September 12, 2011

Geo Ultra Angel Lenses in Blue


Recently I was sent two awesome pairs of circle lenses for review from iCandy Style Lens. I have to say, while subtle lenses are fun on occasion, these look bright, bold and are so dramatically gorgeous. Just my style, no?

So a few quick notes on iCandy Style: They're based in Australia. Australian readers rejoice! And even if you aren't in Australia, or even nearby, I got the lenses I picked out in a really short window of time: They were sent out on the 24th of August and I got them on September 2nd. Barely over a week from Australia to the US. That's insane, and in a very good way!

iCandy Style offers a respectable selection of Geo lenses, priced competitively. They also offer free shipping on orders over $50.00 (AUD--in USD that would currently be two or three bucks more expensive, but I won't bother with the exact amount because currency fluctuates all the time) and one free pair of lenses with every three purchased (the free pair being the cheapest ones). Can't say no to deals like that.

Also, a smaller detail that I appreciate? The little currency conversion menu in the corner. Makes an international shopper's life easier, am I right?

As for the lenses themselves, the basic details are as follows: these are yearly disposables, with 38% water content. As far as I'm aware there are no available prescriptions for this style and color. The diameter of these are 14.8 mm (as you'll see, huge!) and the base curve is 8.60.

Ultra Angel Blue in the case iCandy Style provided
For some reason, most of the time, when I try to take lens pictures in the case, one of them wants to go up and the other wants to go down. Getting them to both stay in the same area of the case for pictures is harder than you'd think!

Back on topic, how beautiful is that shade of blue? It's a bright medium aqua-cyan. Not exactly a shade found in nature, but so pretty. Being that these are nearly-15-millimeter lenses, I'm guessing most wearers aren't going for natural with these to begin with. The limbal ring has a lot of depth (it's pretty much straight up black), but there isn't any real gradient to it, so that keeps it from overtaking the bright, electric blue, offering a very contrasting, cartoonesque look.

No makeup and no Lens
No makeup, wearing Ultra Angel Blue
My eyes are slightly red because I accidentally put the lens in inside-out then had to take it out and put it back in. Smart move, me! But as you can see, it really does do a great job of enlarging the iris and providing bright opaque color, even over my very dark brown eyes. My lashes look a bit darker in the lower picture because I did a quickie job of liner removal right before the pic was taken: didn't manage to get between them.

Love the enlargement and the color!
Here's me with just a bit of foundation and black liner. I really like the effect these have on my face. They're (firstly) huge and (secondly) such a bright shade of blue that they're less apparent from a distance than a more pale shade would be, at least on my skin tone. I definitely think that they compliment my coloring, which was one thing I wasn't sure about when picking out blue lenses.

I found these rather comfortable. I've worn them three times, and have only had to use rewetting drops once, maybe twice. I don't feel them once they're in. I only wear lenses of any kind for six hours or so, because I have sensitive eyes so I'm not sure how these would do for longer stretches of time, but I don't think that circle lenses are really intended for that kind of constant wear to start with.

Oh, and here's a little note just for fun: I didn't realize that the lens was inside-out until I saw the picture I took of it.


Can't you just see my eye getting angry with me. "What are you doing, silly?!"

The Good:
  • I like the feel of these. Basically, I don't feel them once they're on.
  • The color is very vibrant against my dark eyes, which is great!
  • These are really cartoon-y and fun, but at the same time I think they're decently wearable--though that depends on taste, ultimately. I like the high contrast between the aqua and limbal ring. It gives the eye a marker-drawn look.
  • I got my lenses very quickly from iCandy Style!
  • These can last up to a full year.
The Bad:
Nothing here!

The Neutral:
  • These are very large lenses. Personally, I like them, but they might not be what everyone is looking for.
  • They're a very bright shade of blue.
  • As far as I know, these lenses are plano (non prescription) only.
Overall, I really enjoy these lenses for a really cool unnatural sort of look. I think they're really fun and I think they'd be suitable for a lot of skin tones because they don't have a pallor to them that might make them too light looking on dark skin (though whether or not you like that is, of course, a matter of taste). These offer both amazing enlargement and great color, so they're definitely worth checking out, in my opinion.

These are currently $29.16 at iCandy Style Lens.

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...