Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Final Fantasy Inspired: Ashe II

Friday, September 16, 2011

Final Fantasy Inspired: Ashe II


When I did my first Ashe Inspired Look, I mentioned that I'd soon be revisiting it. It's actually been a few months now, but I'm doing it. The main thing that I didn't like about when I did this last time was the fact that blending my blue into my gold made it green (not that I shouldn't have seen that coming), so I decided to change a color or two and alter the placement a bit. It's not the same look, but it's similar. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Image borrowed from the Final Fantasy Wiki
I mentioned that Ashe is one of my favorites (if not my very favorite) Final Fantasy character. She's badass, she's awesome, and she's my favorite female lead from the Final Fantasy series of games. Except maybe Lighting. I can't seem to choose between the two of them! In any case, the above picture was awfully adorable with Ashe and her big anime eyes. I thought this look would be a really fun one to wear circle lenses for! I used my Princess Mimi lenses in Almond. I know the picture above's a little wonky, but I thought I'd use it since it's cute.



If I could fix one thing about this, it'd be the eyeliner. From a normal distance it looks fine, but up close it's just a disaster!

Brushes/Tools:
  • Oval shaped blending brush (MAC 217)
  • Medium shader (MAC 239)
  • Large, dense blush brush (MAC 129)
  • Geo Princess Mimi Bambi Lenses in Almond (Very large, naturally colored circle lens)
Cosmetics:
  • MAC Quite Cute Mineralize Blush in Sakura (Light-to-medium blue pink)
  • Kat Von D Lightning Sheer Lip Gloss in Stripper (Gold and shimmery)
  • MAC Eyeshadow in Flip (Bright yellow gold)
  • Linnaeus Cosmetics Shadow in Ecco (True, shimmery blue)
  • Shiro Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Because We Can (Fuchsia with silver shimmer)
  • Urban Decay's 24/7 Liner in Perversion (Deep black)
  • Yanqina 2-in-1 Mascara (Black, lengthening, volumizing)
Eyes:
Put in your lenses. Prime your eyes, sweep Flip into the inner half of the lid with the 239. Put Because We Can onto the outer half with the other side of the same brush. Take the 217 and blend the shades together. Next, pick up Ecco with the 217 and sweep it into the crease. Line around the eye with Perversion. Apply mascara (I used one coat of Yanqina's Step 1 and another of Step 2).

Lips:
Apply Stripper.

Face:
Do foundation as normal and then swirl both shades from Sakura together on the 129 and sweep it onto the apples of your cheeks.


I think these pictures came out great. This, obviously, was a revisitation of the same look I did before. I'm sort of considering revisiting Ashe, the character, one more time, but with a different look entirely: less inspired by her costume, more inspired by her regal bearing... or something like that. If I do that, I hope it doesn't bore the snot out of you guys!

This series is a collaboration of looks done by Fierce Nerditude and Play Hard, Look Fabulous. All of these looks are inspired by the Final Fantasy series of video games!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...