Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Rhône

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Rhône


If you know me in real life, you'll know that I never really wear red lipstick. Maybe the occasional burgundy wine, but bright red? Yeah... no. It's just a very high maintenance color. If it's dry, you have to do all the prep-work, and if it's not? It goes all over the place. As a bright cherry red, Rhône is the type of color I rarely buy.

Once again, I'm going to repeat the basics. Bite Beauty lipsticks comes in sleek black tubes with an indentation to indicate color family on the cap (this is categorized as a red). It's not always the most easy thing for storage, but it's a really simple way to tell a lipstick's color family by first glance, so I kind of like it.

This has the same light, smooth moisturizing texture as the other lipsticks I've tried from this brand. It has a way of feeling almost like a balm. It has a generically sweet taste that's there but weak, like diluted sugar water.

Moving on...
Rhône
Sephora's website calls this a pink berry. Yeah, no. It's actually a bright blue red. Here's the thing about this: Bite Beauty's moisturizing formula makes it great for nudes, but I don't particularly like it for reds, personally. I like my reds as dry as possible to minimize transfer an migration. Over a lipliner this doesn't act as badly, but on it's own? It has a lot of slip, like YSL's Rouge Volupte formula, for example, so it makes its way outside of where I put it fairly often.

Rhône on lips
You can see a little smudge above my cupid's bow. Oopsie! This is Rhône on its own. This is an opaque shade with an obvious shine to it (though it isn't as shiny as a gloss). I like the color itself in theory, but moisturizing reds never work for me. This wore about 5-ish hours on me on its own.

The Good:
  • Love the sleek design of the packaging.
  • Moisturizing formula. It feels like lip balm!
  • Light texture: after the product is on, you don't feel it sitting on your lips for hours.
The Bad:
  • I feel like I, personally, wouldn't wear this without a lipliner, though I don't often like to go to the trouble of using a lipliner.
The Neutral:
Nothing here.

Overall, personally, I've never been a fan of moisturizing reds. If you are a fan of them, then I imagine this would be fine for you (think YSL's Rouge Volupte but with a balmy rather than creamy texture). I like the way this feels on, but red just tends to be so fussy to begin with, the added fussiness of a moisturizing formula does it no favors for me: with pinks and nudes, a teeny smudge isn't as obvious (or even really visible at all), but with a shade like this? Much more glaring. I think I'm going to stick to Bite Beauty's nudes and pinks.

This is currently $24.00 from Sephora.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...