Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream To Go

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream To Go


Bad products are a dime a dozen and every now and again, I find an okay product, and other times I find good products. Finding amazing products? Now that doesn't happen often. I'm gonna say it right here, right now: Yu-Be's Moisturizing Cream is amazing!

First off, let me explain that this isn't a facial moisturizer. What is it?


Basically it's a multipurpose salve that helps to soothe dry skin and inflammation. And I swear up and down, it helps promote healing like no other.

A few days after I received this sample, I was most grievously injured. The nature of my injury? I got one of those tiny little cuts in the corner of my mouth. You know the ones, don't you?

It was one of those things where when it started healing up, I thought it was safe to open my mouth, so I did it, but then I just wound up splitting it open again, and it stung like the dickens if I (goodness forbid!) tried to eat something sour. It honestly did not occur to me to just dab some of this on there for the first day or two.


Horrific injuries of this nature usually sting me constantly like all hell and stick around for a week or more. With this stuff? It stopped hurting within minutes. I kid you not. Even though the tiny little wound was still there, it just didn't hurt anymore, whether or not I opened my mouth all the way. Naturally, whenever it wore off, I put more on there. And by the next morning?

All healed up. I was gobsmacked, truly. Is it any surprise that I now adore this stuff?

Plus, it doesn't just help first degree lip wounds. I've dabbed this on red inflamed pimples to stop them from hurting (it doesn't do anything to treat them: it just brings down redness and swelling in a hot second), small scratches, eczema patches. It's amazing! I love it!

Moving on from my own personal miracle story, let's discuss the texture.


It's a thick yellow cream that takes a bit of effort to rub in; especially if you take too much from the tube. Trust me, a little goes a long way and the 33 grams of product you get will be plenty. The scent is of light camphor but, (as the packaging says) it disappears quickly.

And since the lip area is one of the recommended areas of use, I'd be amiss if I didn't mention the taste. It's a bit odd. Not terrible, and not strong either. It's like... Stick with me here: I feel like this stuff tastes like what I would get if I touched a lemon to a paper towel and then licked the paper towel.

I don't know why this is the first description that pops to mind, but it just is. Basically, it's got a tangy sourness that's tamped down by something with no taste of its own.

For the results I get, though, a slightly-strange-but-ultimately-inoffensive taste isn't going to put me off from using it on my mouth.

And by the way, there is a lot of info crammed onto the box:

Click to read
Ingredients:
Click to read
Sorry about the crookedness of the ingredients list. It was really hard to focus on that tiny text with my point-and-shoot and my hand got tired in the middle of the dozen-or-so shots that I took.

The Good:
  • Lived up to its claims, for me.
  • Moisturizing while soothing inflammation and promoting healing.
  • The scent goes away, for those who might not like it (but for the record, I like the smell of camphor).
  • Calms my eczema.
The Bad:
Nothing for this. Check neutral, though.

The Neutral:
  • Bit thick, though I feel that's to be expected from products of this nature.
  • Tastes odd. Not bad (in my opinion), just odd.
Overall, I think this is a really hard hitter in terms of sheer results. Like I said, it works to alleviate discomfort and heal skin up lickety split. When I run out of this stuff, I'll definitely be buying a tube!

This is currently available at Sephora for $15.00.

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...