Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Yu-Be Lip Therapy

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Yu-Be Lip Therapy


I'm kinda getting the urge to go on a lip balm reviewing spree, so please bear with me.

When I reviewed Yu-Be's Moisturizing Cream, I noted that it was usable on the lips, but tasted a little funky. Not bad, just... odd, I suppose (licking a paper towel was brought up), but TA-DA! Yu-Be's Lip Therapy doesn't have that problem.



Firstly, this comes with a lot of the same claims as the cream.


Soothing, moisturizing, et cetera, et cetera. The texture of this isn't creamy (like Aqua Blossom's Lip Balm), nor is it slick like, for example, Chap Stick. It's more of a butter texture. It's firm enough not to melt too quickly, but still delivers on application. This has a bit of a minty sensation (you don't taste the mint, you feel it--but only slightly) and the taste is innocuously sweet. It's a very weak sweetness, though, most likely from the sweet almond oil in the ingredients (shown at the bottom of the post).

It definitely does soothe and moisturize. It's great for when my lips are chapped or irritated.

Compared to the cream, this is less strong, in my opinion, plus it's not as easy to apply heavily to one area (such as the corner of the mouth). While this is good for everyday chapped lips and soreness (it provides the same quick pain relief as the cream), for little cuts on your lips and the like, you may want to go with the cream as it just seems more healing. On the plus side, though, this is of a more portable size: it comes in a standard 0.15 oz tube.

Also, like the moisturizing cream there is a lot of info on the box.


The 'All Natural' claim is the first one I jumped on. Of all the phrases in the beauty-and-skincare lexicon, that's probably the most abused.

Ingredients. Click to enlarge.
Wow. I'm impressed. While, as you can see, this is not vegan, it certainly looks 'natural' to me.

The Good:
  • Moisturizing.
  • Doesn't melt too fast.
  • Tastes good, but the taste is weaker.
  • The natural ingredients are actually natural. Awesome.
 The Bad:
Nothing here.

The Neutral:
  • While this is similar to the cream in a lot of ways, I find the cream more heavy duty.
Overall, this is a lovely balm that serves its purpose well. It helps promote healing and definitely soothes any discomfort in my lips. I think the cream is still more heavy duty, but this'll be easier to have around all the time.

This is currently $5.00 at Sephora.

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...