Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Yu-Be Foaming Skin Polish

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Yu-Be Foaming Skin Polish


I've said it time and again: I'm an exfoliator fiend. Is it really a surprise that I'd be reviewing Yu-Be's Foaming Skin Polish? It shouldn't be!

 
Firstly, let's get on what this is. It's a Face & Body Scrub created by Yu-Be to help scrub away dry patches of skin, et cetera, and it's billed as being good for both the face and body. Like the other Yu-Be products, there is a lot of info on the box.


The directions for this are simple: Take a quarter-size amount, add water, rub your hands together to get lather and massage over face and body.

Unlike Origins' Skin Brightening Face Polisher, for which you're supposed to cleanse in advance, this is supposed to be a combination exfoliator and cleanser.

This product actually looks really similar to the Origins scrub. The texture is entirely different, though. While the Origins scrub was so thick there was some resistance when I squeezed it out, this is a product with a much thinner vehicle for the exfoliating particles and therefore a rougher feeling scrub.

The lather from this isn't quite what I'd call foam. It bubbles, but just a bit. I don't mind that. I don't have any particular need for huge foamy bubbles.


I don't think it's too rough for me, but I do think that people with sensitive skin may have issues with this being too much for them. Just after using something as gentle as my Origins scrub, I wasn't entirely used to the feeling. I only used it every other day at first, but I now use it every single day. I don't feel any tenderness or sensitivity whatsoever.

The results are lovely. It leaves my skin glowy and does a really decent job of unclogging pores as well as getting rid of any flakies without leaving my skin dry and tight. And while I tend to be initially skeptical of any scrub that boasts claims of being good for both the face and body, this definitely was a great for both (at least for me).

There is a huge amount of product in this tube. Seven ounces (200g, for those unfamiliar with oz). Whether you use this for just your face, just your body, or both I get the feeling this'll last you a good deal of time. After over a month of use, I haven't really even made a dent, and I don't skimp on the stuff.

Here are the ingredients:
Click to enlarge
I'm impressed that this is both SLS and paraben free. I also like that certain natural ingredients that Yu-Be totes as main features of the product aren't shoved near bottom of the list (as many products with 'natural' ingredients tend to do). Rice, bamboo, ginger, ginseng, green tea and camphor all seem to be placed decently on the list.

The Good:
  • Gets the job done.
  • Unclogs pores (both on my face and body).
  • Both cleanses and exfoliates.
  • I can use this daily without tenderness.
  • You get a huge amount of product in the tube.
The Bad:
  • I don't think this would be well suited for more sensitive skin. I don't have sensitive skin, though, so I'm not sure about that.
The Neutral:
  • This is a scrub you can feel. If you prefer not to feel your exfoliator, this one's probably not for you.
Overall, this is an excellent face and body scrub and one of the very few I've found that is actually good at both tasks. This is SLS and paraben free, which'll be a plus for a lot of people, and the amount of product you get it huge, so I think you're getting a pretty sweet value on top of it all. If you're sensitive, though, I'm not sure this is suited for you. It's definitely a scrub that you can feel.

This is currently $18.00 at Sephora.

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...