Of the six palettes I was sent for evaluation, I have to admit that the one I was least excited about was On Cloud Nine. It wasn't that it was ugly or anything. There were just so many other ones that really popped out at me. As it turns out, I actually do really like this color combo!
If you want a close look at the packaging of the Color Icon Trios, please check the review I have up of Spoiled Brat: I go in depth about the labeling and applicators, et cetera.
Like the other Color Icon Trios, this one is an absolutely beautiful color combo. When I started out using eye makeup, I have to admit that I tended to avoid blue eyeshadow. It wasn't that I didn't like blue, I just didn't know how to wear it, and I know that can't be just me. I really wished I'd found a palette like this before to take some of the guesswork out of what color combo to use and how.
|Left to Right: Eyelid, Crease and Browbone shades from 'On Cloud Nine'|
The Browbone shade is a pale silvery blue. It's a little powdery (a lot of product comes loose from the pan if you put the brush in wrong), but it's not chalky.
The Crease shade is a neutral medium brown.
The Eyelid shade is a mid-toned blue with slight grey tones.
- Super affordable on pretty much any budget.
- The three shades are smooth, blendable and offer excellent pigmentation.
- The colors in the palette are cohesive and well-coordinated.
- I really like how it's a nice blue-centric color combo that isn't just blue, blue and more blue. I think it makes blue eyeshadow more accessible to the sort of woman who's never worn blue shadow before. Wish I had this when I was a blue shadow newbie!
- The brow shade seems loosely packed. It's easy to pick up too much product. Just be careful and it should be fine!
- The applicators are useless, but I assume you aren't buying this for those anyway.
This is currently available at various drugstores for $2.99.
This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.