Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Wet N' Wild Color Icon Trio: I'm Getting Sunburned

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wet N' Wild Color Icon Trio: I'm Getting Sunburned


As I've mentioned before, I received six of Wet N' Wild's Color Icon Trios for review, and now I'm up to the very last of them. I liked them so much generally, though, that I've purchased a few more Wet N' Wild products from my nearby drugstore, so this isn't the last of the Wet N' Wild reviews I have planned!

If you want a close look at the packaging of the Color Icon Trios, please check the review I have up of Spoiled Brat: I go in depth about the labeling and applicators, et cetera.

Of the six palettes I've tried so far, this was probably one with the highest pigmentation and best texture in all three shadows. All three were smooth and lovely to the touch.

Left to Right: Browbone, Crease and Eyelid shades from 'I'm Getting Sunburned'
These swatches look better than the others because of the shadows themselves. They offered a lot more control because of the insane pigmentation. I initially thought that both the Eyelid and Brow shades would be piece-y because of their ultra-shimmeriness, but that wasn't the case at all.

The one issue that I see someone having with this palette is that the Crease shade might be a little too pigmented for the eyeshadow newbie.

It's a veritable bastion of color, where all other shades go to be overwhelmed and taken over... unless you use it right. I'm going to say with this: always remember to tap your brush off after you dip your brush into the pan and be careful to make sure you don't have too much product on your brush. It's all too easy with this shade because a little goes a very long way.

As for the colors themselves, I think they're very well coordinated and I really do think they're unique for the price point. The pink has a lovely iridescent quality and I've never seen a really nice metallic bronze-y gold for just a few dollars before. The richness of the brown is also very impressive: neutrals aren't rare to the drugstore, but neutrals of this quality are a little rarer.

The Browbone shade is a shimmery pink with a white iridescence.
The Crease shade is a rich coffee brown with plum shimmer.
The Eyelid shade is a medium bronze-y gold.
The Good:
  • Super affordable on pretty much any budget.
  • The three shades are smooth, blendable and offer excellent pigmentation.
  • The colors in the palette are cohesive and well-coordinated.
  • I do think these shades at this quality are very rare for the price point. I probably have a dupe for the Eyelid shade in my collection, but it was probably much pricier. I may or may not have a dupe for the Crease shade, but I'm willing to say that the Browbone shade is completely unique to my collection.
The Bad:
  • I don't think the Crease shade is the most beginner-friendly for using with other shadows. It's lovely, but it's overwhelming. If you're new to shadows like this, the shade will take some getting used to.
The Neutral:
  • The applicators are useless, but I assume you aren't buying this for those anyway.
Overall, if you don't have dupes for the shades in this, I really would recommend it. I loved the quality and texture of the shades. The Crease shade could take some getting used to, though!

This is currently available at various drugstores for $2.99.

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...