I mentioned in my review of Spoiled Brat that it was the Color Icon Trio I received that caught my eye first. The one that caught my eye next was Cool As A Cucumber. I mean, look at it. I love purple, I love green... What more could a girl ask for?
If you want a close look at the packaging of the Color Icon Trios, please check the review I have up of Spoiled Brat: I go in depth about the labeling and applicators, et cetera.
I love the flawlessly smooth blendable texture of these shadows. Really, the quality is just brilliant. For me, this trio left nothing to be desired. The shades are well-coordinated, the shadows wear well and they look great. I love the highlighter in this. It's much cooler than Acid Rain (my favorite, but discontinued green highlighter), so no dupe, but I really have been using this a lot when I do green shadow, so maybe this can take Acid Rain's place in my collection even without being a dupe?
|Left to Right: Eyelid, Crease and Browbone shades from 'Cool As A Cucumber'|
It's often hard to find well-done jewel tones on a budget, but I think Wet N Wild does an amazing job.
The Browbone shade is a pale mint green.
The Crease shade is a cool, eggplant purple.
The Eyelid shade is a deep, cool green.
- Super affordable on pretty much any budget.
- The three shades are smooth, blendable and offer excellent pigmentation.
- The colors in the palette are cohesive and well-coordinated.
- You don't often find good quality jewel toned shades for cheap or non-chalky pastels, for that matter. This palette offers both.
I can't think of anything for this one. It was really spot on!
- The applicators are useless, but I assume you aren't buying this for those anyway.
This is currently available at various drugstores for $2.99.
This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.