Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Wet N' Wild Color Icon Trio: Cool As A Cucumber

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Wet N' Wild Color Icon Trio: Cool As A Cucumber


I mentioned in my review of Spoiled Brat that it was the Color Icon Trio I received that caught my eye first. The one that caught my eye next was Cool As A Cucumber. I mean, look at it. I love purple, I love green... What more could a girl ask for?

If you want a close look at the packaging of the Color Icon Trios, please check the review I have up of Spoiled Brat: I go in depth about the labeling and applicators, et cetera.

I love the flawlessly smooth blendable texture of these shadows. Really, the quality is just brilliant. For me, this trio left nothing to be desired. The shades are well-coordinated, the shadows wear well and they look great. I love the highlighter in this. It's much cooler than Acid Rain (my favorite, but discontinued green highlighter), so no dupe, but I really have been using this a lot when I do green shadow, so maybe this can take Acid Rain's place in my collection even without being a dupe?

Left to Right: Eyelid, Crease and Browbone shades from 'Cool As A Cucumber'
All of the shades in this palette are matte and wonderfully pigmented, but none of them is overly dry and/or chalky (I have to admit, that was my first thought when I saw the brow shade, but I was pleasantly surprised). Like I said, smooth sailing all the way.

It's often hard to find well-done jewel tones on a budget, but I think Wet N Wild does an amazing job.


The Browbone shade is a pale mint green.
The Crease shade is a cool, eggplant purple.
The Eyelid shade is a deep, cool green.

The Good:
  • Super affordable on pretty much any budget.
  • The three shades are smooth, blendable and offer excellent pigmentation.
  • The colors in the palette are cohesive and well-coordinated.
  • You don't often find good quality jewel toned shades for cheap or non-chalky pastels, for that matter. This palette offers both.
The Bad:
I can't think of anything for this one. It was really spot on!

The Neutral:
  • The applicators are useless, but I assume you aren't buying this for those anyway.
Overall, if you're looking for excellent matte jewel tones on a budget, you get two of those in this palette, along with a pastel with great pigmentation. If the color combo appeals to you, I say go for it!

This is currently available at various drugstores for $2.99.

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...