Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Toolsday: MAC 129

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Toolsday: MAC 129


I remember every single item in my first MAC purchase like it happened yesterday. I got a bunch of stuff, among it all, two brushes. One of them was the MAC 129. It is, quite honestly, one of the best (if not the very best) face brushes I've ever owned.

The feel of this brush, like most MAC brushes, is great. It just feels sturdy and well-made. For me, you really can't put a price on buying something that just seems just by touch as though it was made to weather any storm. The ferrule feels very well attached to the handle, there's no wiggling to speak of, and other than the fact that the MAC name and brush number was scuffed off (as you can see above) it looks and feels just as new as it did when I got it about two and a half years ago.

This brush doesn't shed on me. That is absolutely crucial to a good face brush, in my opinion. No one likes picking hairs off their face. Especially if said hairs get a little stuck in your foundation. Ew! It lost a hair or a few in its first wash or so, but nothing major.

If I had to live with just one face brush for the rest of my life, I honestly think I could use this one, no problem. I initially bought it to do foundation with. It's great for building up coverage with a medium-to-full coverage powder like MAC's Studio Fix Powder Plus (one of my foundations of choice).

It's also a great blush brush. It has a good diameter, is fluffy and medium-dense. It's not so thick that you can't use a blush with heavier pigmentation on it, but it's not so sparse you can't get proper color either. It's all in the hand you use it with.

Additionally, the slightly oval-but-round shape makes it great for contouring. It fits right into the hollows of my cheeks. I've used this brush to highlight, too, with great results (though to be honest, highlighting is a step I usually skip).

I think Yu of Let's Make Yu Up said it in a way I like: it's not just a brush that you can use for everything, it's a brush that does everything well.

The Good:
  • Sturdy construction. I like when a brush just feels reliable. Two years after I purchased my first one it still looks and feels like new.
  • The shape, the size and the density make it very multipurpose. It's a total must-have among MAC brushes.
  • Sleek design, at least in my opinion.
The Bad:
Nothing. I think I'm this brush's biggest fan.

The Neutral: 
Nothing here!

Overall, this is probably my favorite brush that I own (I have multiples--ha!). It can accomplish a lot of different things, and it does a great job at all of them. If you were to ask me my favorite brush for powder foundation? This one. My favorite brush for blush? This one. For contouring? Yup, still this one!

This is currently $34.00 from MAC.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...