Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Naive Peach Facial Cleansing Foam

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Naive Peach Facial Cleansing Foam


A month back, I was sent Naive's Peach Facial Cleansing Foam for review. I've been looking for a good, affordable, moisturizing cleanser for a long time, and now I think I've found it!

One thing that I think will fall along the lines of love-it-or-hate-it is the scent. Like the name implies, this smells fruity, sweet and peachy. It's a great perk-up for the morning and, personally, I really like it. If you don't like fruity scents, though, I do imagine that the smell could be a deal breaker for you.

I think the 'cleansing foam' name might be a bit misleading. Don't get me wrong, this does lather, but it's a smooth, milky sort of lather as opposed to a more bubbly foamy one.

A pea-sized amount of this product in a very closeup shot
I wasn't expecting to give me the kind of moisture that it does: loads of cleansers claim to be moisturizing, but very few actually are. As soon as I rinse this off it feels like I just used a light water-based moisturizer. Really! After I use this, I don't even feel like I have to use a face lotion or cream (even though I still do).

It does a great job at removing all of my makeup, which is generally not true of cleansers for me. This really just seems to break it all down. After using this, not even going back in with my Clarisonic got more foundation off--and that's pretty much the ultimate test of complete clean-ness.

I know a lot of women with oilier skin prefer not to use more moisturizing cleansers, but I, personally, have very oily skin and this works great for me.

Click to enlarge
Ingredients: Water, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cocamide Methyl MEA, PEG - 6, PEG - 32, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Castor Seed Oil, Sodium Phosphate, Fragrance, Polyquaternium - 7, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycosyl Trehalose, Peach Juice, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Cocoyl Glutamate, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Hydrolized Oat Protein, Propylparaben, Peach Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Salicylic Acid.

As you can see, this isn't paraben-free, but it is SLS free!

The Good:
  • Moisturizing.
  • It's gentle, but it cleanses very well.
  • I like the rich, milky lather.
  • Smells great (at least in my opinion).
The Bad:
Nothing. Love this stuff!

The Neutral:
  • This is SLS free, but it's not free of parabens.
Overall, if you're looking for a gentle cleanser that's moisturizing and gets the job done, I highly recommend this. It's affordable and it works. The only downfall I can think of, is that some folks might not dig the peach scent. However there are also other versions like Green Tea, Aloe or Pomegranate available.

This is usually $5.99, but is currently marked down to $4.99 and is sold at Artie Beauty and Cosmetics.

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...