Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Knock on Wood

Monday, August 1, 2011

Knock on Wood

If you can't tell why my eyebrow is so close to my lashes, it's because I'm frowning. I wasn't angry, just having trouble getting a non-blurred closeup of my eye. One of those days!

So, as I promised in my review of the Wet N Wild Knock on Wood Trio, here's a quick face using all three shades!



For the eyes on this one, I wound up using the basic lid-crease-browbone color placement. Not particularly creative, I know, but I thought it looked very pretty!

Brushes:
  • Dense blush brush (MAC 129)
  • Angled shadow brush (MAC 275)
  • Fluffy oval shaped blending brush (MAC 217)
  • Medium shader (MAC 239)
Cosmetics:
  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Deep Dark (Any contour shade deeper than one's own skin will do)
  • Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Lolita (Warmed pink)
  • Eyelid shade from Wet N' Wild's Color Icon Trio in Knock on Wood (Red, plummy purple)
  • Crease shade from Wet N' Wild's Color Icon Trio in Knock on Wood (Cool medium brown)
  • Browbone shade from Wet N' Wild's Color Icon Trio in Knock on Wood (Dusky matte rose)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Rockstar (Deep red purple)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Asphyxia (Bluish, purplish fuchsia)
  • Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara (black, lengthening, volumizing)
Eyes:
Pat the Eyelid shade onto the lid with the 239. Sweep the Crease shade into the crease with the 217. Sweep the Browbone shade onto the browbone with the 275. Line the upper lashline and two thirds of the lower lashline with Rockstar. Line the inner third of the lower lashline with Asphyxia. Mascara!

Lips:
Apply Lolita and blot down. (I blotted a lot, now that I look. Oopsie!)

Face:
Do foundation as normal and then use a contouring shade on the 129 just beneath the cheekbones. I used MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Deep Dark.

My face looks more naked than what I usually go for, but this is a semi-naked sort of palette, if you get my drift. I like how natural and subtle the shades are without being washed out and colorless. Not natural, but semi-natural. If I were to redo this, I'd probably blot the lip a bit less. I swear, in person you could actually see the lipstick!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...