Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Hard Candy Kaleyedoscope Eye Shadow Duo: Break Up

Monday, August 15, 2011

Hard Candy Kaleyedoscope Eye Shadow Duo: Break Up


You guys wouldn't know this, as I haven't reviewed a baked eyeshadow on the blog yet, but I really do love a good baked shadow. There's a very simple reason for this: baked shadow isn't as annoying to use wet as loose shadow, and doesn't get damaged by water like pressed shadows do. Perfect for lazy me! I was super excited to get to try out a shadow from Hard Candy's Kaleyedoscope line!

I'm going to get the packaging out of the way first. It's very pretty: I like the vine-and-flower design across the top. I also like that the plastic doesn't feel cheap to the touch. It feels thick and sturdy. The hinge on the shadow also has a great deal of control. It doesn't just swing freely back and forth: whatever angle you move it to is the angle at which it will stay. I like it. It feels secure.

Additionally, you get plenty of product for your money. The standard amount of product for a single shadow (at least in my experience) is 1.5g or 0.05 oz. Hard Candy Kaleyedoscope Duos come with a whopping 4.5g of product. Granted, it is a duo, but even if you do the math each shade will have more product than average.

And as for the product itself? At first touch, I have to say, I thought I was going to be disappointed. It felt dry. Almost gritty, but not quite. When I actually swatched it on my arm, though, it went on smoothly. The pigmentation left nothing to be desired.

The shades both applied well to my eyes and, in my opinion, were well coordinated. They blended together beautifully and (with the help of Too Faced Shadow Insurance) lasted all day on my eyes. Basically, outside of being a bit unpleasant to the touch, there were no other texture issues to speak of.

Break Up Duo
The Gold Side of Break Up is a shimmery, pale, buttery gold with a greenish sheen to it.
The Green Side of Break Up is a neutral, shimmery khaki green.

Click to enlarge

The Good:
  • Good pigmentation.
  • Great wear.
  • Very blendable.
  • The two shades are easy to wear together.
  • I like the look and feel of the packaging. It's pretty and feels sturdy.
The Bad:
  • I don't like that this feels dry to the touch.
The Neutral:
  • This is less to do with the product and more Walmart's website, which is why I didn't bring it up in the product review. The different colors of this product aren't named on the site by the shade name. I'm pretty sure, though, that this one is the one labeled "PEARL GREEN".
Overall, I was recently sent a couple of items (this and Hard Candy's Tipsy Glossaholic) to try out and was ultimately impressed. This product is a bit dry to the touch, but applies beautifully. I'll be buying some more shades to try out!

These are currently available from Walmart for $6.00.

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...