Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Geo Princess Mimi Lenses in Almond

Monday, August 22, 2011

Geo Princess Mimi Lenses in Almond


Recently, I was lucky enough to be sent a set of circle lenses for review from LensVillage.com. These are my very first pair of circle lenses. I was so excited to try them out, and all in all, I had a great experience!

First, here's some basic information about these lenses. They have 38% water content and are available from no prescription to up to -6.00. The base curve is 8.6 and the diameter, according to the vials, is 14.5 mm. These can be worn for up to a year with proper care.

My own prescription does fall within the bounds of 0 to -6.00, but I thought that I might prefer to try wearing a pair under my glasses. I'm just kind of used to having glasses on my face, you know?

As for shipping from LensVillage, I got my lenses only about 2 weeks after I chose the model I wanted to try, which (as I understand) is quite fast for circle lenses. The whole process was hassle free and everything was packed securely. I highly recommend their site.

Princess Mimi Almond in the case LensVillage provided
As you can see, these contacts have a highly defined, dark limbal ring (the outermost part of the iris that separates the iris from the sclera) along with a cool tan color to the inner bit of the iris. These look really awesome on my dark brown eyes!

No makeup and no lens
No makeup, wearing Princess Mimi lens in Almond
The coloring looks so lovely and natural, but the enlargement effect for this model of lens is anything but. I swear, the first time I saw myself in these, it was a little alien, but as I got used to seeing my face with my new gigantic irises? I love these lenses. They're definitely a huge difference, but as the color is so natural to my face, it becomes that difference that people can't quite place: it's the "There's something different about you, but I can't figure out what" difference.

Basically they make my eyes look digitally enhanced, but in real life. Very cool!

Just for good measure here are some pictures with and without the lenses plus makeup.

Makeup, no lens
Makeup, plus Princess Mimi lenses in Almond
Just to be clear, I know my eye looks more open in the top photo, but it really isn't by much--I opened my eyes about as widely as I could for both shots. The lenses are just that big.

I'd also like to add, in case any of you are not in the know on this, that you are not supposed to put any contact lenses in (including circle lenses) after makeup because that risks contaminating them. I took these photos at the end of my day as I took the lenses off to remove my makeup.


And there's a picture of my whole face, just so you guys can see--sorry about the over exposure. I promise, the only editing I did to the shot above was resizing and cropping. I love how big and doll-like my eyes look! Cute or creepy: Who knows, but more importantly, who cares? I like it!

As I've had annoying experiences wearing contact lenses in the past (I've got sensitive eyes) I was a little scared these wouldn't be comfortable, or I'd find them itchy.

On first insertion (after I'd soaked them overnight in Opti-Free), they felt a tiny bit odd, so I put rewetting drops in my eyes and then they were fine. The second time I did the same thing, but by the third and fourth times I wore these I found them very comfortable. They weren't too dry for me, and at no point in the day did I feel like I needed to take them off. After the first minute or so I didn't feel them at all! I know that's strange, because a lot of people find circle lenses uncomfortable even if they don't have sensitive eyes, but these were very good to me.

I only ever wear contact lenses of any kind for about six hours at a time, and these were no exception. I didn't try them past that point, but I don't think that circle lenses are intended for more extended wear, anyway (please correct me if I'm wrong).

The Good:
  • I like the feel of these. Basically, I don't feel them once they're on. That's the mark of a good contact lens, isn't it?
  • There's a decent range of prescriptions available for this style.
  • I like that the color of these is very natural, but the size isn't. These are dramatic, but nothing so dramatic it would make strangers double-take in the street.
  • I like the digitally-enhanced sort of look they give to my eyes. It took a few minutes of getting used to the first time around, but now I can totally dig it.
  • I got my lenses from LensVillage fairly quickly.
  • These can last up to a full year.
The Bad:
Nothing here!

The Neutral:
  • These are very large lenses. Personally, I like them, but they might not be what everyone is looking for.
Overall, I was very satisfied with the lenses I received. I really dig the humongous doll-eyed effect I get from them. In fact, I like these so much that I want to (firstly) check out the other Princess Mimi colors (Chocolate Brown, Sesame Gray and Apple Green) and (secondly) get these lenses (Almond) in my prescription. I really like the way they look on my eyes, they're comfortable and they'll hopefully last me a full year.  

These are currently available from LensVillage for $23.00 a pair.

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...