Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Final Fantasy Inspired Look: Lebreau

Friday, August 19, 2011

Final Fantasy Inspired Look: Lebreau


The following is an open letter to the good people at Square Enix, who've created games that have filled literally hundreds of hours of my time. I apologize in advance for the length. Quite frankly, it's long.

Dear Square Enix,

First off, thanks for creating Final Fantasy XIII. I know a lot of fans didn't like it, but honestly, even though it's less open-world than I usually prefer, it's probably my second favorite game in the series (after Final Fantasy XII, which lots of fans also didn't like--I guess I'm just odd that way).

I'd like to address an issue that has been irking me since the very beginning of FFXIII, and it goes like this: There are certain visual cues that viewers/readers/players rely on when watching a movie, reading a book or playing a game. The elaborateness of their development, whether they're in the same age group with other main characters, the attention to detail, the degree to which they have personality and/or appeal; these are all part of the effect. Based off of these cues, most viewers/readers/players can intuitively guess, with reasonable--if not nearly complete--accuracy, how important a presented character is going to be to the plot. Like Hope's mom, for example. It's a shame she had to go, but with her simple outfit, utterly normal hair and the plain fact that she had a young-but-teenaged son, we all knew she was done for from the beginning.

And then there's Lebreau.

She's gorgeous, she has an amazing costume, she's either teenaged or in her early twenties, she's pretty freaking badass... So why is she a background character?

Is it because Lightning and Fang used up the game's quota of sexy badass female? 'Cause trust me, there should not be a quota on sexy badass female. Where I come from, we call that 'hamstringing oneself'. It's true, look it up!

I guess what I'm basically saying is that I love Lebreau. I barely know anything about her, but I swear, since I first realized we'd learn nothing important about her character, I've wanted to know her whole life. I want to know her hopes, her dreams, her favorite flavor of dental floss...

The point to which this letter has been culminating is this: Give Lebreau her own game. Pleeeeease? Or at least upgrade her to Main Character Status for XIII-II! I mean come on, you can't possibly want to let her go to waste!

Thank you for your time and best wishes,
A Nerd With A Girl Crush

P.S. PRETTY PLEEEEEASE?!
Image borrowed from the Final Fantasy Wiki
For those of you who didn't read that letterthatIpromiseIdidn'tactuallysendanyone (trust me, you're forgiven if you skipped it), here it is in a sentence: Lebreau was not a main character in Final Fantasy XIII, but she should've been. Look at her! Besides Lightning, she has the coolest outfit in the game! Plus, she's a member of NORA and was a great guest character in the beginning, am I right? So this look is for Lebreau. I hardly knew ye (literally), but what little I did know, I liked.



Brushes:
  • Lip brush
  • Medium shader (MAC 239)
  • Oval shaped blending brush (MAC 217)
  • Angled shadow brush (MAC 275)
  • Full, dense blush brush with a rounded head (MAC 129)
Cosmetics:
  • MAC Blush in Pink Cult (Light, dirty blue pink)
  • MAC Lipstick in Riveting Rose (Blue purple)
  • MAC Lustreglass in Instant Gold (Sheer gold gloss)
  • Linnaeus Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Cavort (Yellow green)
  • Linnaeus Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Astute (Blue purple)
  • Ingot Eyeshadow #74 (Pinky-red purple)
  • MAC Eyeshadow in Flip (Mid-tone yellow gold)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Asphyxia (Pinkish purple with blue shimmer)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero (Black)
  • Bare Escentuals' Buxom Lash Mascara (Black, lengthening, volumizing)
Eyes:
Prime your eyes. Pat Cavort all over the lid with the 239. Take Astute on the other side of the same brush and pat it onto the outer half of the lid, over Cavort. Blend #74 into the crease with the 217. Pick Flip up on the 275 and use it to highlight. Make a thick line on the lower lashline with Asphyxia and then line all the way around the eye with Zero. Mascara!

Lips:
Apply Riveting Rose and blot. Take Instant Gold on a lip brush and apply it over Riveting Rose.

Face:
Do foundation as normal and then apply Pink Cult to the cheeks with the 129.


Seriously Square Enix, PLEEEEEEEEASE?!

Anyway, I really hope you guys like this. Have any of you ever really loved a background character in a game/book/movie/whatever? Am I completely alone in adoring Lebreau? Am I completely alone in actually knowing her name (which I don't think they say in-game, but I could be wrong)?

This series is a collaboration of looks done by Fierce Nerditude and Play Hard, Look Fabulous. All of these looks are inspired by the Final Fantasy series of video games!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...