This Disney Inspired Series is super fun. This time Robyn assigned me Sully from Monsters, Inc!
I think I was nine or ten years old when Monsters, Inc. came out. It was one of the first Pixar films, if I recall correctly, and the whole monsters-are-part-of-a-corporation-designed-to-scare-children thing was too funny. Honestly, I can't believe that Sully would be a top scarer at Monsters, Inc., can you? He's big, brightly colored and fluffy. No way I'd be scared of that.
- Dense blush brush (MAC 129)
- Fluffy oval shaped blending brush (MAC 217)
- Medium shader (MAC 239)
- MAC Blush in Pink Cult (Pale dirty blue pink)
- Shiro Cosmetics Intertube in Leeroy Jenkins (Pale blue-pink)
- Linnaeus Cosmetics Shadow in Ru Blue (Clear, true blue)
- Linnaeus Cosmetics Shadow in Ecco (Clear blue--greener than Ru Blue)
- Linnaeus Cosmetics Shadow in Truculent (Blue purple with red shimmer)
- Linnaeus Cosmetics Shadow in Show Off (Blue purple--redder than Truculent)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Asphyxia (Pinkish purple with blue shimmer)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Ransom (Blue purple)
- Yanqina 2-in-1 Mascara (Black, lengthening and volumizing)
Prime your eyes. Pat Ecco all over the lid with the 239. Take Ru Blue on the other side of the same brush and pat onto the outer third. Sweep Show Off into the inner two-thirds of the crease with the 217. Take Truculent on the same brush and sweep it into the outer third of the crease, bringing it down. Line the lower lashline with a thick application of Asphyxia. Line closer to the lashline all around the eye with Ransom. Mascara. I used both steps from Yanqina's 2-in-1 mascara.
Apply Leeroy Jenkins.
Foundation as normal. Pick Pink Cult up on the 129 and apply lightly to the apples of your cheeks.
I think this turned out pretty well. The only trouble is that there were some subtle differences in color that my camera just wouldn't pick up--the gradient from Ecco to Ru Blue, for example.
Be sure to check up on Robyn's half of this collaboration. Since I just recently saw the new Winnie the Pooh movie, she's doing Piglet!