Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Wet N' Wild Color Icon Trio: Knock on Wood

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wet N' Wild Color Icon Trio: Knock on Wood

So the second of the Color Icon Trios I'm going to talk about is the Knock on Wood Trio. I actually used the browbone shade from this in the Spoiled Brat Look that I did last week (I'll be posting a face with all of the shades in this palette on Monday!)

If you want a close look at the packaging of the Color Icon Trios, please check the review I have up of Spoiled Brat: I go in depth about the labeling and applicators, et cetera.

First off, I think this trio is a nicely coordinated combination of colors. I think this'd be great for a beginner who's just getting started with doing multiple-shade looks or for those days when you don't want to have to give your makeup much extra thought. It's a great one-and-done sort of palette. Like all of these, there are three shades stamped 'Borwbone,' 'Crease,' and 'Eyelid.'

Left to Right: Browbone, Crease and Eyelid shades from 'Knock on Wood'
I like the pigmentation and texture with all three of these shades, but this does require some qualification. Both the plummy Eyelid shade and the brown Crease shade are smooth and blendable but blend opaquely. That is to say, even when you blend them they keep their initial pigmentation to the degree that most shadows do. The pink Browbone shade on the other hand blends sheer: it's opaque when you pat it on, but a blending brush will quickly sheer it out.

I actually like that as a trait in a browbone shade. I mentioned in my Spoiled Brat review that one of the things I didn't like about the brow shade was that it was opaque and difficult to sheer out, but if you're hoping to use the Browbone shade from Knock on Wood the same way you'd use the one from Spoiled Brat, you'll probably have some trouble!


The Browbone shade is a dusty pink. You can pat it on if you want to use it opaque, but try to blend around it as when you blend it, it sheers out fairly easily. It's a good trait for a brow shade, less so for a lid shade.
The Crease shade is a cool-toned medium brown. The texture and pigmentation is great with this. Very easy to work with.
The Eyelid shade a red, plummy purple. Like the Crease shade, this had great texture and pigmentation and was very simple to work with.

The Good:
  • Super affordable on pretty much any budget.
  • If you want to use just one palette for a look, you could definitely go with this.
  • I think that these are the kinds of colors that could compliment pretty much any skin tone.
  • The colors in the palette are cohesive and well-coordinated.
The Bad:
Nothing for this palette.

The Neutral:
  • Personally, I like to have an easy-to-sheer brow shade, but if someone were looking for three lid/crease shades, they could be very disappointed with the pink as it's more difficult to use on areas that aren't the browbone.
Overall, I think this is a great palette for a quickie eye look. It offers tamer color combination that, at the same time, isn't so bland that those who dig colors would be put off from it. The Browbone shade can be difficult to work with on places that aren't the browbone, though, so keep that in mind if you're considering purchasing this.

This is currently available at various drugstores for $2.99.

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...