Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Urban Decay Eyeshadow: Oil Slick

Monday, July 4, 2011

Urban Decay Eyeshadow: Oil Slick

I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but I have an insane love for sparkly black eyeshadows. It's true! Anytime I see that a brand has a sparkly black, I want it badly. Last year I purchased this guy, Urban Decay's Oil Slick, at a really steep discount (I got this and Grind together for ten bucks!)

I'm going to start off by saying that Urban Decay's shadow formula is one of my favorites. They're usually very pigmented and blend nicely. This was no exception for me: it's a matte black base so it runs just a touch dry, but that didn't effect application or swatching at all for me.


Urban Decay eyeshadow singles come in these really cool cases that look like bus tokens.  It's a relief to see Urban Decay's packaging both look cool and not be a hindrance (those of you who've ever tried putting their lipsticks in your pocket probably know that getting stabbed with a weird little metal sword hurts more than you'd think).

Urban Decay's Oil Slick
How does it perform? Beautifully! This would be hands down my all-time favorite sparkly black. I also really like Inglot's 65, but while it's a lot bigger and cheaper, it's not sparkly enough to be my favorite. It wears all day, no fading, and is pigmented like no one's business. This isn't a shimmery black. It's glittery. The glitter bits are smaller and stick better to the eye than Midnight Cowboy, though. I've only ever experienced minor glitter migration with this shade.


I'd also like to add that while Sephora's website describes this shade as a black with rainbow glitter, the glitter definitely looks silver to me. Weird.

The Good:
  •  I adore the cute packaging. And it's not a hindrance, either!
  • The pigmentation is super rich.
  • The glitter is fine enough that it won't just go everywhere without permission.
  • Great wear!
The Bad:
  • Bit on the dry side? It didn't effect wear or even swatching for me, though.
The Neutral:
  • Dupeable. Sparkly black? You probably have one. That does not hinder its awesome, though.

Overall, if you're a black-and-sparkly shadow addict, or if you're just looking for your first sparkly black because you don't own one yet, I think that this is a great choice. It offers a great, rich black base and plenty of sparkle. The sparkle is nice and big, but not enough to get all over your face!

This is currently available from Sephora for $17.00.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...