Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Origins Never A Dull Moment Skin-Brightening Face Polisher

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Origins Never A Dull Moment Skin-Brightening Face Polisher

A lot of you will know that I was absolutely smitten with Origins' Eye Makeup Remover, (so much so that I included it in both my May and June Favorites posts) so I thought that I'd go ahead and try some more Origins products. Since about six weeks ago, I was running out of my Biore Microderm Exfoliator, I decided to try an exfoliator by Origins.

The instructions on the packaging are simple: Gently massage over clean, damp skin.


Admittedly, when I first saw this scrub, I thought it was going to be painful and St. Ive's-esque. You can see why, right?

It is not. At all. I swear, it's probably the single gentlest exfoliator I've ever tried in my life. The little exfoliating bits are suspended in a jelly-like substance that's so thick it's a bit surprising at first. You take a glob of this stuff (because it does have a certain tendency to stay together as one mass) and spread it against your face and rub it in. I find it helps if you wet your hands.

Honestly, I didn't feel like I was being 'scrubbed' the first time I used this, so I didn't think I liked it, but when I rinsed it off, my skin felt really smooth, so I suppose it worked. Woohoo!

Never A Dull Moment looks and smells exactly like apricot preserve to me. If you don't like fruity scents, I don't think you'll like the smell of this one bit. The plus side is that it's a natural sort of fruit scent: it doesn't smell synthetic to my nose.

One thing that I really like is that because of it's tendency to stay together as large jelly-glob of exfoliating apricot-mango jam is that the jelly will take all of the exfoliating bits with it. That's really important to me, because somehow, with other products, I always wind up finding little granules on my face after I rinse it off (even when I wipe myself down with a towel!) Apart from this tendency, you also only need a small bit: about twice the amount of toothpaste you'd use in one go. The first few times I used this I overshot it. Trust me, even though it's very thick, it will spread over your whole face. And actually, the thinner you spread it the scrubbier it is.

The trouble with this is that at first it was a little difficult to get out of the tube. You have to squeeze harder with this than with most exfoliators. I don't really even notice anymore, but the other day when I opened a new exfoliator, I squeezed it the same way I do this and squirted it across the room. Fail!

This was gentle enough for me to use every day.

Ingredients: Water, Bitter orange flower water, Butylene glycol, Lecithin, Behenyl betaine, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Prypylene Glycol Stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan laurate, Polysorbate 80, Sodium chloride, Papaya fruit extract, Barosma betulina leaf oil, Grapefruit peel oil, Euclyptus leaf oil, Pine oil, Bitter almond kernel oil, Mint leaf oil, Rose oil, Limonene, Caranuba wax, Mango seed, Mango fruit extract, Propylene glycol laurate, Phosphoric acid, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, PPG-5-ceteth-10 phosphate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl glycol, Disodium EDTA, Hexylene glycol, Potassium sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol

The Good:
  • Gentle.
  • I like the fruity smell, so the scent is a plus for me.
  • Does the job. I think my face looks great and feels smooth after I use this.
  • The stuff stays in one mass, almost like putty. Very easy to rinse off completely!
  • I have the feeling this 4.2 oz tube will last me a lifetime.
The Bad:
  • I don't think the tube is that difficult to work with, but there must be some other way to package this for those who aren't Olympic level squeezers like me. I kid, of course.
  • Bit of a learning curve with this in terms of the amount to use, how hard to squeeze and spreading it over your face.
The Neutral:
  • It doesn't feel scrubby, and I think that'll turn some people off.
Overall, if you want a gentle exfoliator that does the trick that you can use every day with no soreness, I don't think you'll be disappointed with this. If you prefer a rougher experience? I don't think that this is really for you. Personally, I'd happily buy this again in the future, but the tube in the picture's been used for over a month. I don't think I'm going to be running out soon. Plus, I am sort of a product junkie: I have to try some other stuff, too!

This is available from Origins for $25.00.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...