Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: MAC Mineralize Blush in Warmth of Coral

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MAC Mineralize Blush in Warmth of Coral

I don't own a lot of coral-peach color family blushes, so this is a unique new addition to my collection. Like I mentioned in my review of Pressed Amber, I absolutely adore Mineralize Blushes. Truly, I think they deserve much more love!

With that said, let's get going on my review!

I'm going to start off saying that I love the texture of these guys. They're so blendable that if you put a bit too much, you really don't have to worry about it, because just going over it with your brush a bit will soften the color without blending it away completely. The wear? Stick around 'til the end of the post and I have photographic evidence that it's excellent!

Right to Left: Warmth of Coral swatched heavily, Warmth of Coral blended out
This color is a lovely peach-coral with a swirl of pink that makes it look so lovely in use!

Again, this shade is a lovely matte shade that should really please those who dig the idea of Mineralize Blushes, but not the shimmer that's usually associated with them.

Warmth of Coral worn on the face
The wear on these is really awesome. This is the shade when first applied, early in the day.

Warmth of Coral worn on the face
That's Warmth of Coral after six hours, during which I spent two hours working out. And yeah, I changed my shirt. My other one was too sweaty to wear in a picture! In both of these photos, I'm wearing my Flounder Inspired Look, if you're curious.

Warmth of Coral in the pan
You can very clearly see the marbling of pink here. I find that on my warm skin tone, this runs a bit pinker than I think it probably would on a cooler skin tone.

The Good:
  • I like the peachy pink. I think it really brightens up my face!
  • Just the right amount of pigmentation (in my opinion) for a blush.
  • Blendable enough to easily tone it down if you use too much.
  • Wears all day on me; and I've been testing it before I work out. Outdoors. In summer. The photos speak for themselves, in my opinion.
The Bad:
Nothing here!

The Neutral:
  • This is matte. Most mineralize blushes in the past have not been.
Overall, I really think this is a charming subtler shade that will probably suit a lot of skin tones (though I think it'll probably do better on warmer skin tones, that's all a matter of personal taste).

This is currently available for $23.00 from MAC Cosmetics's website, counters and stores.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...