Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: MAC Mineralize Blush in Pressed Amber

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

MAC Mineralize Blush in Pressed Amber


The MAC Mineralize blush formula is honestly one of my very favorites. The very first blush I owned was Love Thing! So basically, whenever MAC releases new shades, I get really excited. In fact, I bought all of the blush shades with this collection!

Pressed Amber is a lovely rosy brown shade, and completely shimmerless. Those of you who like the look of Mineralize blushes but skip because of shimmer can rejoice!

Right to Left: Pressed Amber swatched heavily, Pressed Amber blended out
I have to say, I regret how close my skin tone is to this shade, because it makes it seem like it lacks pigmentation, though that certainly isn't the case. I find that this, like most of the MAC Mineralize blushes, has a nice slightly-higher-than-medium pigmentation, and is very blendable, so that you can soften it up easily after application.

The wear on these guys is always excellent for me; all day, no issues. Yay!

Pressed Amber worn on face
I'd like to comment on how very pink it looks on me: if you're lighter skinned, I see it looking much browner; more like the shade you see in-pan. It's a pink brown, but definitely brown!

Pressed Amber in the pan
If your paler, you might find this to be more of a contouring sort of product for you.

By the way, did you all notice that I forgot to take out my headphones for the face swatch? Fail!

The Good:
  • The shade is a really pretty one. I like how rosy-but-nude it looks on my skin. Perfect for when I feel like totally pimping out my eye makeup (which is basically all the time).
  • Just the right amount of pigmentation (in my opinion) for a blush.
  • Blendable enough to easily tone it down if you use too much.
  • Wears all day on me; and I've been testing it before I work out. Outdoors. In summer. (That's why I'm wearing the headphones, by the way).
The Bad:
Nothing here!

The Neutral:
  • Being a brown blush, I do think there's some potential for this to look 'dirty' on some skin tones, if you know what I'm talking about.
  • This is matte. Most mineralize blushes in the past have not been.
Overall, I think this is a stellar nude-ish blush for those around my skin tone, though those much lighter may want to tread with caution and perhaps try it out. I do think it can make a stellar contouring product across a wide range of skin colorings, though.

This is currently available for $23.00 from MAC Cosmetics's website, counters and stores.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...