Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Disney Inspired Look: Rafiki

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Disney Inspired Look: Rafiki


So, this week, Robyn picked out a real toughie for me. Rafiki from the Lion King!

I'm not gonna lie. I'm pretty disappointed with how this turned out. I just don't feel like the inspiration is as clear as it could've been. I tried integrating so red and yellow into this look, but the end results were not attractive (probably because I used mostly grey-blues). So I guess I tried to show my inspiration in the shape of the makeup instead, if that makes any sense. I don't think it's ugly, it's just not what I envisioned.



As a child, I have to say that Rafiki was one of my very favorite characters. I'm not sure what it was exactly that made me love him, but I think it was something about the odd combination of him being a voice of wisdom and completely out of his gourd at the same time. Ha!


Pardon the patchy application: I couldn't see it in person at all. Darn macro shots! xP

Brushes:
  • Medium shader (MAC 239)
  • Oval shaped blending brush (MAC 217)
  • Full, dense blush brush (MAC 129)
Cosmetics:
  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Semi Precious Goldstone (Peachy bronze)
  • MAC Lustreglass in Instant Gold (Gold and shimmery)
  • Linnaeus Cosmetics Shadow in Tough Stuff (Blackened blue)
  • Linnaeus Cosmetics Shadow in Bombástico (Purplish blue)
  • Linnaeus Cosmetics Shadow in Fabled (Pale powder blue)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Binge (Royal blue)
  • Bare Escentuals' Buxom Lash Mascara (Black, lengthening, volumizing) 
Eyes:
Prime your eyes and pat Fabled all over the lid with the 239. Blend Bombástico into the crease with the 217. Pick up a tiny amount of Tough Stuff with the same 217 and blend it on top of Bombástico. Line with Binge.

Lips:
Apply Instant Gold.

Face:
Do foundation as normal and then swirl Semi Precious Goldstone together on your 129. Sweep onto the apples of the cheeks.


Like I said, I don't think the final look was bad, but it wasn't what I was hoping for.

By the way, I promise I'll review the Mineralize Skinfinishes with Semi Precious. I've just felt really burnt out lately, for some reason, so it might not be tomorrow.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...