Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Disney Inspired Look: Jafar

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Disney Inspired Look: Jafar


I forgot mascara again. Shame on me! Anywhoozle, this week Robyn of Stay Beautiful assigned me Jafar of Aladdin and I was thrilled!

For those of you not in the know, Jafar is the man not the bird.
Of the Disney Villains, I have to say that Jafar was one of my favorites. He was just so creepy! I was so disappointed that MAC chose Dr. Facilier for the male villain in the Venomous Villains collection, especially since Jafar's actually wearing makeup. Look at that wing: the man clearly knows his way around a liquid liner!

Anyway, I decided to skip the wing for this look, partially because I already did a wing for Meg and partially because when I actually tried the wing, it didn't work so well against the hyper-black lid that I was bent on doing.

Brushes:
  •  Thin concealer brush (MAC 194)
  • Angled shadow brush (MAC 275)
  • Fluffy oval shaped blending brush (MAC 217)
  • Pencil brush (MAC 219)
  • Medium shader (MAC 239)
Cosmetics:
  • MAC Lipstick in Dark Side (Dark burgundy)
  • Linnaeus Cosmetics Shadow in Bouffant (Pale gold with gold shimmer)
  • MAC Eyeshadow in Flip (Bright yellow gold)
  • Shiro Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Incinerator (Deep red with white sparkle)
  • Shiro Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Unsatisfactory Mark (Bright true red)
  • Kat Von D Eyeshadow in Lucifer (Matte black)
  • MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (Matte black)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Baked (Golden bronze)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Perversion (Blackest black)
  • Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara, if you remember your mascara. Eek! (black, lengthening, volumizing)
Eyes:
Prime your eyes if you want, but Blacktrack doesn't crease on me and I used that as my base. Take Blacktrack on the 194 and spread it all over the lid. Take Lucifer on the 239 and pat it on top of Blacktrack. Take your empty 217 and blend out the edges. Take Incinerator on the 219 and trace the outer edge of the black at the bottom going into the lower lashline with Incinerator and bring it into the outer half of the crease. Blend it up and out a bit. Take Unsatisfactory Mark on the same brush and trace the same path keeping closer to the black. Clean the 219 off and pick Flip up on it bring it from the end of the red to the inner corner. Wipe the 217 off (it shouldn't have too much black on it) and blend the edge of the red into the gold. Try not to blend any of the black into it. Then take Bouffant on the 275 and use it to highlight. Line the lower lashline with Baked and then put Perversion into the waterline. Do your mascara if you remember it. (D'oh!)

Lips:
Apply Dark Side.

Face:
Do foundation as normal.

I decided to skip the cheeks on this one. Just felt like a bare-cheek sort of day, you know? Hope you enjoyed it!

Make sure you stop by Stay Beautiful to see Robyn's Cinderella look!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...