Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Aqua Blossom Mint Mocha Lip Balm

Monday, July 25, 2011

Aqua Blossom Mint Mocha Lip Balm

I haven't reviewed a lot of lip balms on my blog, so you might not know that I'm a total lip balm fiend.That's why I decided to start my product reviews for Aqua Blossom off with the lip balm, which (like I mentioned in my overview of Aqua Blossom) is probably among the best ones I've tried!

The formula for this lip balm is a creamy one and it wears very well. I rarely have to reapply this throughout the day. It really does last! These tubes come shrink wrapped with the standard 0.15 fl oz of product, and are nice and sturdy as far as I can tell. The ingredients are stamped across the label and are also available in the Etsy listing.


The balm itself smells like minty coffee. It actually reminds me just a bit of the scent of neroli, if you're familiar. It's not 'sweet', per se. More subtle and a bit dark. I, personally, don't really detect any particular flavor with my tongue, though. There might be a tiny hint of mint, but it really seemed barely there. If you really want a flavored balm in particular, this may not be your thing, but as someone who has occasionally licked tasty lip products right off? I can appreciate a yummy balm, but I'm not too fussed that this isn't particularly flavorful.

I like that this is a deeply moisturizing balm: Some balms just give you a little bit of surface moisture, but as soon as they're gone your lips are dry again. After this is gone my lips still feel very good, which is awesome. Personally, I don't find this overly heavy. You can definitely feel it when it's on, but it's not greasy or slick.

There are a couple of small pitfalls with this though. As it's a creamier balm, it does go faster than a more slick, chapstick style balm.


This is the tube after two and a half weeks' daily use. It's about a fifth or sixth empty. Not too bad, as I have a tendency to reapply balm even when I don't need to (I do it five or six times a day, except for the when I test a balm for wear--really): if it's about a fifth gone, after two and a half weeks, it would probably last me about three months if it were my only balm.

Also, if you apply too much it can look a little whitish, but that's really easy to rub in or wipe away. Not a huge problem, but I thought I'd mention it.

Oh, and one more thing: You know how some balms interfere with drier lipsticks and make them difficult to apply? This doesn't do that on me. This is a really amazing balm for when you're doing matte lips!

The Good:
  • I like the texture. Creamy and not too heavy. Very pleasant!
  • I really like how well this goes under matte lipsticks. I don't like applying balm over lipsticks, personally, because then you get lipstick on your balm. Ick!
  • Affordable. $3.50 a tube.
  • Sturdy tube.
  • Moisturizes very well, and deeply.
The Bad:
  • Can leave a whitish residue if you use too much. Very easily blended away, though.
The Neutral:
  • Doesn't really taste like anything.
  • The smell is faint. Maybe I've just gotten used to it? Honestly, though, I don't see too many people objecting since it's so light and definitely doesn't stick around after you apply it.
  • As a creamy balm, expect it to go faster than a slick balm.
Overall, if you're looking for a seriously moisturizing balm that really does it's job, wears well, and/or doesn't make applying matte lipstick a chore, I think this is your guy. The scent is so faint, I really doubt that there are many people who'd object to it, but be cognizant of the fact that there is a light minty coffee fragrance to this. If you're looking for a more fun, flavored balm, keep in mind that this is really a more no frills, all business option.

This is currently $3.50 in the Aqua Blossom Etsy shop.

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...