Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Favorites: May 2011

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Favorites: May 2011

Wow, how fast did this month go by? School's out for us college kids (HA!) and just one more month to go for you guys stuck in High School or lower. Don't worry I'm sure it'll go as achingly slow as my last week of class. That's just how these things work. =P Time for another favorites post!

In the picture (no particular order):
  • Origins Well Off Eye Makeup Remover: This remover treats my eyes really well, and gets everything off. I'll be reviewing it soon!
  • Smashbox Iconic Eyes Palette: I reviewed this a long while back, and lately I've found that I've been playing with it a lot. I really love this for it's pigmentation, though you can see the packaging's gotten pretty scuffed up.
  • Linnaeus Eyeshadow in Those Gams!: This made my April Favorites as well. It's seriously going to have to be a fixture in my makeup routine for a long, long time to come!
  • Benefit's Bella Bamba Blush: It's a really nice bright-but-still-subtle that I reached for a lot over the course of May. I just had to include it. By the way, did you guys know this is also watermelon scented? I didn't know that while I was writing the review. Why? Scented blush is like flavored eyeliner. Uhhh..?
  • Evil Shades Deviant Lipstick in Corset: This is a really great shade that I'm just very comfortable in. Dark purples make me happy!
  • Evil Shades Hardcore Lips in Feline's Kyss: This one is another one I reach for over and over. When I do a dramatic eye and don't want to draw attention away from it, this is the one I pick out. Plus, there aren't that many lighter lip colors in my collection, so this fills that need, as well!
 Not in the picture:
  • Inuyasha: I've been rereading the entire Inuyasha manga (start to finish), and it reminds me of when I was ten and eleven. *Nostalgic sigh* I think next month I'll rewatch the anime, plus the new episodes for the 'Final Act' anime.
  • Tales of Symphonia: Reminds me of when I was twelve. It was the first non-Pokemon game I played from start to finish. *Nostalgic sigh numero dos*
  • Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time: The first non-Pokemon RPG I remember playing (never finished it, though). I think I was five or six at the time. My aunt used to play it with me, too. "Look up! Look up! There's a spider thing! Get it with the slingshot!" Thanks, auntie. <3 Oh, and my sister tried to play, but whenever there was a fight she'd get so scared that she'd make me do it for her.
  • The Top Left Panel: Because out of context, it's like... the most giggle-worthy thing ever. Because pigs don't have hands! D< Anyone else think this totally has memetic potential? By the way, Naruto was my seventh grade obsession, and yes, I do still read it. I really hope it keeps going for a good long time, 'cause I hate saying goodbye to characters I grew up with. (Did you hear that Goku, Aang, Inuyasha, Dobby, and Steve from Blues Clues?!)
  • Adventure Time: I didn't get into this show 'til just this month. It rocks.
  • Regular Show: Also started watching this month. Also rocks.
A lot of my non-makeup favorites this month are based around memories of childhood. I always feel so misty-eyed and reflective at the end of every academic year, and it's even worse right now. I just finished my first year of college. I'm practically a grown up. Eek!

This song was so popular when I was in kindergarten. I remember N'Sync was on the back of the Hi-C juice boxes for a while. No joke. Unless that was the Backstreet Boys. I don't really know the difference.



This is pretty much the perfect song for sitting silently and overdramatically contemplating the direction of your life, no? The slideshow on this particular video makes me giggle a little. Not sure why.

In any case, what are your May favorites? Do any of the rest of you get ultra-contemplative at the end of the academic year? What are some of the things that made your childhoods special? Comment and tell me, or link to your own favorites posts!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...