Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Christina Marie Mineral Cosmetics: Blush (Peachy, Rose)

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Christina Marie Mineral Cosmetics: Blush (Peachy, Rose)

Left to Right: Peachy, Rose
Of the items I've tried from Christina Marie Mineral Cosmetics, I have to say my favorites have been the blushes. I received two different ones to try: Peachy and Rose.

First things first: these definitely last all day on me. That's saying something, for me, because in the summer months when my face gets a little sweaty, a lot of blushes just seem to wear away. I also really like that these are pigmented but not too pigmented, at least for me. A lot of mineral companies fall into the trap of making their blushes as pigmented as their eyeshadows, and that just doesn't work: People look for blush to be a lot more sheer than they usually want their eyeshadow to be.

On to the colors:
Left to Right: Peachy swatched heavily, Peachy blended out

Peachy is a pinkish peach with gold shimmer. It's a lovely color that I think could be flattering across a lot of skin tones.

Peachy on face.
This is the full look from this week's Adventures in Orange Eyeshadow post. I definitely think I'll be wanting a full size of it!

Left to Right: Rose swatched heavily, Rose blended out
Rose is a berry-toned red with a pink sheen.

Rose on face.
I love this because it can be used in a subtle almost-no-makeup look, or also in a much more vampy one. I know sometimes lighter skinned women can be intimidated by reddish or berry toned blushes, but I think Rose lacks the heavier pigmentation that often makes those colors seem over the top, to some. You really don't have to work for the subtle, natural flush. You can build it up, if you're into a heavier cheek, though!

Rosy in a more dramatic look that I'll be posting this coming Monday.
By the way, that is the exact same amount of blush. Between the first picture and the second, all I did was change the lipstick and put on some eye makeup: even though it looks like I'm wearing more blush, I'm really not! I also fixed my hair up, but that's not relevant.

The Good:
  • Great wear. All day, no fading!
  • I like the medium sort of pigmentation. I didn't have to work to make it show up, and I didn't have to work to sheer it down, either.
  • I think these colors would both be flattering across a wide range of skin tones.
  • Affordable: $7.50 for 3 grams of product.
The Bad:
Nothing I can think of!

Neutral:
  • These both have shimmer (Peachy more than Rose). If you aren't into shimmer, I don't think you'll like Peachy. Rose might still be fine, though, as it has more of a sheen than a shimmer.
Overall, I really love both of these blushes because of the medium-ish, buildable pigmentation and would definitely recommend and purchase both of these shades.

These are currently available for $7.50 in Christina Marie Minerals's etsy shop.

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...