Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Chanel Lilac Sky Le Vernis

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chanel Lilac Sky Le Vernis

Way back when I did that reader survey, lots of you said you wouldn't mind my reviewing or showing you unavailable items. Yay! That means Lilac Sky!

I have to say, I love this shade. It's a beautiful pinky lilac cream. The Chanel formula is slightly thinner than average (easier for me to work with than when a cream formula is thicker than average!), and when I do my nails, by the time I'm up to the tenth one, the first one is dry so that I can do another coat. Woohoo! This was opaque in two, but in my opinion a third really perfected it.

This wore for a full week with a proper top coat on me, no chipping, but some minor tipwear.

I know a lot of people don't really like the Chanel formula, but honestly, I don't see the problem! This worked out great for me. The one thing about Chanels are the price: they're pretty much always over twenty bucks. Would I have purchased this on my own? Probably not. My personal limit for polishes tends to be $15-ish. If I hadn't caught sight of this shopping through my mom's stash, I never would've tried it out. The thing about me, though, is that I never really run out of polishes, and they tend to do fine for me in storage, so it's not as though this would be a repeated expense, so it's not completely unjustifiable.

The Good:
  • Wore well for me: With a topcoat, it lasted a full week without chipping and with some minor tipwear.
  • I adore the color. Lilac? Hooray!
The Bad:
Nothing I can think of!

The Neutral:
  • Not readily available. I Google searched it, though, and you can still find it places for $24-28. Not too bad, considering I'm fairly certain this was originally $23 (though I'm not sure about that!)
  • Slightly thinner formula than average. I find that it makes it easier to work with, since I'm not great with creams to begin with.
Overall, if you're really lemming this, and have found a decent place to buy this on the internet, I say go for it. At over twenty bucks, it's a bit of a splurge, though with Chanel you can't really expect different, can you?

This isn't currently readily available, though it should hopefully be fairly simple to track down.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...