Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Favorites: April 2011

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Favorites: April 2011


Goodness, was this April a rainy one, or what? Rainy, foggy, groggy, cold... But you know what they say about April showers bringing May flowers. (Insert pilgrim-related joke here).

So here are my April Favorites!

In the picture (no particular order):
  • Claritin: You all understand this one, right?
  • MAC Quite Cute Mineralize Blush in Sakura: I've really been loving this one this month. It's a nice, flattering bright pink that's easy to wear. Plus, I still like the adorable packaging.
  • MAC Lipstick in Play Time: I love cremesheen lipsticks, and as the newest addition to my cremesheen lipstick collection, I've been wearing this SO often. In fact I've been using this so often that since I bought it, I've just been leaving it in my purse.
  • Linnaeus Eyeshadow in Those Gams!: I've reached for this 9 times in the past month, excluding when I was testing it. It's such a basic, soft black, plus the gold shimmer is really pretty. Love.
  • Linnaeus Eyeshadow in Cliff Line: I've been busting this out basically every day. I've been applying it dry and blending it out until it was sheer to highlight.
  • MAC's Kohlpower Pencil in Feline: When I first bought this, it would smudge like crazy on me. I swear, I would put it on my upper lashline and it would wind up in my crease. Lately it's been treating me really well, though. I'm not sure why, exactly, but I'll take it.
  • Iridescent Purple Star Barrettes: I bought these from Supernova Designs on Etsy after I saw them on Phyrra's blog (she has awesome taste), and OMG, how pretty are they? I've been wearing them really frequently and just today I bought a second pair and a veritable messload of other barrettes, too.
Not in the picture:
  • Naps: This month, I've needed a lot of naps. So. Much. Work.
  • English Composition: It was a fun class. I'm kind of sad that it's over soon.
  • The American Museum of Natural History: I went last Wednesday with a friend (I like to go two or three times a year to see the seasonal exhibits), and had a lot of fun at the butterfly conservatory.
This song:



If you get the chance, check out the Glee version, too. I really like that one as well.

Another song:



All in all, this month was really busy for me, but luckily my classes are now wrapping up and I'll hopefully get some time to myself in May. Yesterday was a great ending to my April: My friend Jen and I went shopping, and I took advantage of a sale at the Body Shop (30% off everything you can fit into a $12 tote, if you buy it, plus an additional 20% off for members). We spent eight hours shopping, talking, eating, and some other fun stuff (Jen also got a henna tattoo done!) and by the end of it I fell asleep at 10:30 last night and didn't wake up until about 8 this morning. That was the first time I slept for a full night in a long time.

So guys, what are your April Favorites? Tell me in the comments, or post a link to your videos/blog posts!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...