Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Christina Marie Mineral Cosmetics: Overview (Details and Things)

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Christina Marie Mineral Cosmetics: Overview (Details and Things)


I recently had the opportunity to review a very new (or at least very new to etsy) little mineral makeup company called Christina Marie Mineral Cosmetics. For those of you who may have missed it, I used a blush of theirs in my last Adventures in Orange Eyeshadow post.

Christina Marie Mineral Cosmetics is an indie mineral makeup company that sells primarily off of etsy. Everything from the banner to the listings look very sophisticated and sleek. I like how everything is polished, but still sort of cozy. The items are all competitively priced. Eyeshadows are $5.50, and blushes $7.50. Smaller and larger sizes of foundation are $7.50 (10 gram jar) and $14 (20 gram jar), respectively. There are also discount combination sets available.

They've started off with a healthy selection: eighteen eyeshadows, seven blushes, nine shades of foundation and two kinds of finishing powder. If you're between shades of foundation, they can be blended for you, which is a huge plus, in my book. Each item has its ingredients under the materials section of the listing, with a photo of the product in the jar. My main, and only, real problem here is that I really like to see swatches of a color cosmetic product in the listing: makeup colors can look very different in the jar or pan than they do on skin. The photos of the jars are, however, very clear and well done.

Everything was sent out to me in a timely manner and got to me very quickly--despite the fact that the company's based in California, and I'm in New York. Go figure!

I was sent four eyeshadow samples, a blush sample and a full size blush to evaluate.

Both eyeshadows and blushes are packaged in 10 gram jars: eyeshadows come with 2 grams of product and blushes with 3.


The fingerprints all over the jar are mine. Bad me! As you can see, there's an adorable rhinestone glued to the top. I like when companies distinguish the tops of their jars in some way or other. Most mineral makeup jars are near identical, so I like the convenience of being able to tell which company x item of makeup came from without checking the bottom label.

As you can see, the company's name and the color are clearly printed on the bottom label along with the net weight. I think, though, that blush ought to be on there somewhere, as well, especially since the eyeshadows and blushes are both packaged in 10 gram jars.

The sifter was sealed when I got it, but this was such a pretty color I wanted to have a look at it right away. Can you blame a girl for enthusiasm?

There was a generous amount in each sample baggie. About as much as Shiro or Linnaeus. The company doesn't sell samples of eyeshadow or blush at the moment, but will soon begin doing so. Honestly, I'm not fond of the bags used: the depth combined with the lack of width made getting product out into a chore. I'd really prefer sample baggies that are wider or less deep: they make the product easier to use. The products themselves were quite nice, though (a full review on the blushes and eyeshadows are coming up!) Again, I'd like to offer the same criticism about the labels: specifying whether an item is a blush or eyeshadow would probably be beneficial to a lot of customers. I didn't immediately remember that Peachy wasn't an eyeshadow!

Also, because I'm a sucker for personal touches of all kinds:

The back of the business card. It definitely put a smile on my face.

Right now, this company's also going to be working on a matte foundation formula, some new eyeshadows, bronzers and body shimmers. Over the summer, they'll be doing some giveaways and drawings, so I'll try to keep you guys updated with that!

The Good:
  • Everything looks cute, but also professional.
  • The seller's very easy to get hold of through etsy.
  • The pricing is very reasonable.
  • Good selection of colors and products.
 The Bad:
  • More specific labeling would be nice.
The Neutral:
  • I found that the sample baggies were inconvenient to use. This goes under neutral, because this might not be a problem for some people. It was for me!
Overall, I was really happy with the colors, products, look and feel of the company. Everything was timely and nice, and I'm really interested in seeing where this company is going. There are a few items that I've really fallen in love with that I'll let you know about when I do my upcoming (in the next couple of days) eyeshadow and blush reviews.

Christina Marie Mineral Cosmetics sells through Etsy. For those of you in California, they'll also be at the farmer's market in Downtown San Jose in late June and July!

This review contains a sample/s sent by a company for evaluation purposes. All opinions expressed are my own, and fully honest based on my own experience/s.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...