Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: MAC Quite Cute Nail Lacquer: Little Girl

Sunday, April 17, 2011

MAC Quite Cute Nail Lacquer: Little Girl

Hey guys! This will be the last of my Quite Cute Posts. I'm kind of excited (I don't know why, it's only been a bit more than a week, but I feel like I've been doing these forever). This one will be on Little Girl Nail Lacquer, a pretty, pale lilac.

As I've mentioned before, I really like the thickness of these Quite Cute polishes, because creams that are average or thicker than average almost always give me trouble in terms of application. These all seem to be just a hair thinner than the average polish, meaning that they spread very evenly for me. While the other two polishes were opaque in two coats, though, this needed three on every nail except for my pinky (for some reason). In the above picture I did two coats on both my index finger and pinky so you can see. On the index finger, you can sort of see the middle part of my nail through the polish. A third coat covered that right up.

This color dried fairly quickly and didn't chip. In fact, I didn't get any tipwear after the week was up, either.

The Quite Cute polishes are all lovely colors, but nothing makes the colors themselves stand out. That's fine; sometimes you just want a very basic color. However, with these, I'm certain you'll be able to find a dupe that's nearly an exact replica for much cheaper (these are a whopping fourteen bucks per polish). If you're on a budget, you may want to search around a bit. However, if you choose to buy these with the prior understanding that you could find something similar for cheaper, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The Good:
  • Easy application for a cream.
  • Slightly thinner than average, but not so thin as to make it impossible to work with.
  • Doesn't show brush strokes.
The Bad:
  • Opaque in three coats. Maybe 'bad' is a bit harsh, but I really prefer one- and two-coaters myself.
Some of the stuff under neutral could also count.

The Neutral:
  • Expensive. Fourteen bucks a polish is Illamasqua-ish pricing, whereas MAC is generally cheaper than them. It's still a good ten-ish bucks away from Chanel, though.
  • The color is totally dupeable. It's a pale lilac. Search around, and I'm sure you'll be able to find another.
Overall, if you don't mind spending a little extra, I think you'll like this polish. The formula doesn't leave too much to be desired (other than being a three-coater for me) and it looks really nice. This isn't a must-have color you're going to have to run out and buy, though (or at least not in my opinion)!

This is currently available at MACCosmetics.com, MAC counters and MAC stores for $14.00. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...