Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: MAC Quite Cute Nail Lacquer: Ice Cream Cake

Friday, April 15, 2011

MAC Quite Cute Nail Lacquer: Ice Cream Cake


Three cream finish nail polishes were released with Quite Cute (none of which are sold out online right now; yay!)

I'll be starting these off with Ice Cream Cake. I hope you'll pardon my messy application; I was trying to take all of these pictures one after the other!

Ice Cream cake is a mid-tone, cool pink with a cream finish that's opaque in two coats. It wore without chipping, but had some minor tipwear after a week (no topcoat; working without a net!)

It dries fairly quickly and had a nice thinness to it; I find this formula to be just slightly thinner than average, which leaves it not too thin, but still easy to work with (I can have a lot of trouble with making creams look even/not gooptastic on my nails). Win! Also, unlike many creams, this doesn't show brushstrokes

This isn't a pink you'd never be able to find a dupe for, and at $14, it's definitely more expensive than your average polish, so check your stash for any dupe-ish colors (I actually don't own much nail polish, so this was okay for me).

The Good:
  • Easy application for a cream.
  • Slightly thinner than average, but not so thin as to make it impossible to work with.
  • Doesn't show brush strokes.
The Bad:
Some of the stuff under neutral could count.

The Neutral:
  • Expensive. Fourteen bucks a polish is Illamasqua-ish pricing, whereas MAC is generally cheaper than them. It's still a good ten-ish bucks away from Chanel, though.
  • The color is definitely dupeable. It's an incomplex, medium pink cream. I'd actually guess that every polish company will have made something like this at some point.
Overall, for me the determining factor for this was how easy the application was. I can have trouble with creams of average thickness and thicker because they tend to be fussy. I didn't find this to be fussy at all. While the color isn't necessarily special, it is nice.

This is currently available at MACCosmetics.com, MAC counters and MAC stores for $14.00.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...