Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: MAC Quite Cute Mineralize Blush: Miss Behave

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

MAC Quite Cute Mineralize Blush: Miss Behave


Hey, all. Sorry for not posting yesterday; I had class from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm, a dermatologist appointment at 3:30 that I didn't get out of 'til 4:30, and then the weather suddenly turned from foggy and disgusting to beautiful, so I wanted to take some time to enjoy the first good weather in two weeks. Then after that I had an essay due at midnight that I needed to tweak a bit, so posting had to take a back seat. Hope you all understand!

Of the items that came out with the MAC Quite Cute Collection, the most adorable were probably the Mineralize Blushes. Miss Behave is the peach color with the green heart in the middle.


While MAC's Mineralize Blushes are generally some of my favorite products, these are not quite the same. While in general I find the Mineralize blush formula to be sheer, but still very pigmented, these are more powdery.

Left to Right: Both shades swirled together, the green heart, the peach outer portion
Let me just say right off the bat that I doubt that this shade will show up looking very blush-like on most skin tones. The peach is very fair, as is the beige that it creates when the two shades are swirled together. I expected as much while I was at the counter; I, however, thought that this would make a gorgeous highlighter (and wasn't disappointed!)

Miss Behave used as blush
You can see it when used as blush, but on my skin it's very subtle. Don't be afraid to go heavy-handed with this color if you really want it to show up (though I don't think it'll help much). Despite its lack of pigmentation, I don't have problems with the shade wearing away when used as a blush (though it's so subtle to begin with it can be hard to tell after hour 7). As a highlighter, it definitely sticks around for my full, 10-hour day.

The Good:
  • Makes a great highlighter. It's too bad it wasn't sold as a highlighting product.
The Bad:
  • I doubt that it will read well as blush on most skin tones (I don't think it looks very light on me just because I'm darker skinned).
The Neutral:
  • It's subtle. If that's what you're looking for, you could be very happy with this as blush.
  • More powdery than the average Mineralize blush.
Overall, I don't necessarily think that this was a failure as a blush product (but it's not a usual choice for my taste), but I really doubt that it will show up as 'peach' on most skin tones (maybe it will if you're really, really light!) It makes a great highlighter, though, so if you're looking for one, you might want to try this. The other two shades are much nicer, just in my own opinion.

This is $23.00 and currently available at MAC stores, counters and online.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...