Despite what it looked like to me in the tube, Candy Yum-Yum is actually not a heavily blue-based pink. In fact, when it's on my lips, it barely looks blue-based at all.
Here's a quick comparison swatch:
|Left to Right: Show Orchid, Candy Yum-Yum, Girl About Town|
|Candy Yum-Yum on lips|
This shade wears for an astounding 6 hours on me (if I don't eat; if I do eat, it seems to come right off, so I'd say you should be ready to reapply afterward) and doesn't seem to transfer at all. I did the same suck-the-back-of-my-hand test that I did while testing Inglot's Lip Pencil and simply couldn't get any transfer, so it just didn't make sense for me to post a photo of the back of my bare hand (unless you guys really want to see; just let me know and I'll happily press my Candy Yum-Yum'd lips to my hand and snap a picture for you). This shade also leaves a really lovely hot pink stain behind.
Just some info about wearing this: if you're like me and have a naturally well-defined lipline, you're probably going to want to use something to define the border of your lips (either use a lipliner, or use a q-tip to carefully remove the lipstick from the area where your natural lipline is) as this color is so opaque that it seems to swallow my lips' natural pigmentation up entirely, and make them look a bit overly flat at the borders.
- Very opaque.
- The color is unique. I own a few bright pinks, but none of them comes close.
- I don't feel it on my lips.
- It easily wears for six hours if you don't eat a full meal.
- It leaves a truly lovely stain.
- Doesn't transfer at all.
- Doesn't last through meals.
- The texture is different. It's almost powdery, and I, personally, love this about it. Others may not.
- This has the usual light, vanilla scent characteristic of MAC lipsticks.
- As drying as any matte, perhaps a touch more. Remember to prep.
This is currently available at MAC stores, counters and online for $14.50. Thank goodness it's finally in the What's New section. There's also a Cute Pinball game up on Facebook, that's pretty fun. Just sayin'!