Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Lazy Sunday: Linnaeus Cosmetics Sample Comparison

Monday, April 25, 2011

Lazy Sunday: Linnaeus Cosmetics Sample Comparison

I keep skipping these things, I know. I'm so sorry, especially to the few of you who've submitted questions. I intended to put a little breakdown of the samples in with my Linnaeus megapost with the order details, but then I realized I forgot to take a closeup shot of the sample with an object for size comparison, so I decided to skip it (I also did a lot of swatches that day). Earlier this week, though, G contacted me with a question as to what I meant when I said that Linnaeus's sample bags are bigger than average. Yes, I know it's Monday, but let's all just pretend, okay?

In this case, a picture's worth a thousand words. The length and width of Linnaeus's sample bags is 3 inches each way, whereas Shiro's (just for comparison) are 1.5 inches each way (pretty standard). Both contain a fourth of a teaspoon of product. I threw the brush into the picture so you could see what I mean about the larger bags being easier to use. I could easily use the Stilts sample with a brush without spilling any product, whereas (for the first few uses) the smaller bag would be a harder not to spill from. When I dip a brush into a bag that full, I always either spill or pick up too much product.

I know that another option is to take some product to use on the back of my hand, but I tend to find that inconvenient. I also always wind up wasting some of what I put onto the back of my hand, so I don't bother (and just spill a bunch instead--smart, I know, but keep in mind I'm usually doing my makeup very early in the morning so I tend to do the lazy thing rather than the intelligent one).

There are some other things to consider about larger bags, as well, that I'm just going to take a second to point out. Firstly, they look more empty with the same amount of product inside. Secondly, if you have a binder with little 1.5 by 1.5 slots for your samples, you're going to have to fold this big guy into fourths to stuff it in (and then it'll bulge and look weird).

How you like your samples is entirely subjective of course, it just so happens that these larger bags are more convenient for my purposes.

I hope this has been helpful. For more info on Lazy Sundays, click here. To submit a question, either leave a comment or send an email to me at fiercenerditude@hotmail.com.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...