Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Dare To Wear Challenge: Japan

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dare To Wear Challenge: Japan

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Funny Face Beauty's Dare to Wear Challenges (I certainly wasn't) but they're these challenges where Alicia of Funny Face Beauty posts pictures for her followers to replicate. This one in particular is to raise money for Japan; for each person who takes the challenge, ten dollars will be generously donated to the Canadian Red Cross. This look is inspired by a combo of the fifth and seventh pictures that she posted at the end of this post. I started with just the seventh, but decided it was too plain and decided to spice it up a little.

I forgot the open-eye picture. Sorry!

Brushes:
  • Fluffy blending brush (MAC 217)
  • Full, dense blush brush with a rounded head (MAC 129).
Cosmetics:
  • MAC Powder Blush in Pink Cult (dirty, light blue-pink)
  • MAC Lipstick in Play Time (semi-opaque pinkish violet)
  • MAC Lip Pencil in Fuchsia (vibrant fuchsia)
  • MAC Pearlglide Eye Pencil in Almost Noir (deep plum)
  • MAC Eyeshadow in Smut (soft taupe-ish black)
  • MAC Eyeshadow in Naked Lunch (pinkish champagne)
  • Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero (black eye pencil)
  • Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara (black, lengthening, volumizing)
Eyes:
Prime your eyes. Use the 217 to highlight with Naked Lunch. Use the same brush to sweep Smut into the crease, leaving part of the lid bare. Line with Zero and apply mascara.

Lips:
Apply Play Time.

Cheeks:
Use Fuchsia lip pencil to draw a heart onto the cheek and sweep Pink Cult over it with the 129. Go back with the pencil and define the borders of the heart. Draw a star and fill it in on your forehead with Almost Noir pencil.

I'd have liked to do a bunch of smaller hearts, but I found when I tried to photograph them they looked like weird multicolor chicken pox, or something, so I went a bit bigger and fewer. The reason I didn't apply shadow close to the lid was so that Smut could nicely contour the eye while still giving the 'no makeup except eyeliner' look when the eye is open (I wish I'd remembered to take a picture, but I think you can tell from the full face shot).

I hope you guys liked it and I hope a lot of you will participate yourselves (it's for a great cause!) I'll be starting in on the Quite Cute Blushes tomorrow!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...