Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Shiro Cosmetics: A Series Of Tubes (Part III: The Samples)

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Shiro Cosmetics: A Series Of Tubes (Part III: The Samples)

And now for the thrilling conclusion of my review on Shiro Cosmetics, the free samples of shadow I was sent with my order!

The samples I was sent are from the Super Effective collection, which includes forty shades named after things from Pokemon. The samples are quite generous, I've used them three times on my eyes and swatched them twice and I still have what looks like a decent amount left.

As I generally tend to expect from loose shadows, these are VERY pigmented. Even the light colors (Rapidash and Squirtle) weren't difficult to make completely, one-hundred percent opaque. Is this a trait of all mineral shadows? I'm kind of a newbie to them, so I'm not sure. In any case, I was most certainly impressed. In fact I ordered three of these colors last week (I skipped Squirtle 'cause I don't wear light blue very often).

I didn't experience any fading without primer, though my oily lids did make them crease. With primer there was still zero fading and no creasing. The colors are fairly interesting, and I have nothing like Gengar or Rapidash in my collection yet.

On to the Colors:
Clockwise from Top Right: Butterfree, Rapidash, Squirtle, Gengar
Butterfree is described as a 'pale shimmery lavender', but for lavender I think this is more medium-y than pale.
Rapidash is pale golden peach with red sparkle. Like I said, I've got nothing like it, and it captures the Pokemon pretty well, in my opinion.
Squirtle is a bright, frosty light blue. What I like most about this shade is that it's light but not chalky.
Gengar is, quite predictably, my favorite. It's a blackened purple with red sparks. For some reason I keep wanting to call this Rattata.

The Good:
  • Very pigmented.
  • Excellent wear.
  • Affordable.
  • There are both very unique and basic shades in the range.
The Bad:
Nothing here!

The Neutral:
  • Some people have a hard time with loose shadow. While I didn't find these to be messy (in fact, I got no fallout when I was playing with them) but I'm used to loose shadows.
Overall, I like these shadows very much. They're very true-to-color when worn and stick to the eyes very well. I just bought a bunch of colors, so when I get them I'll be able to tell you more!

Full-sized shadows are available for $5.00 in Shiro Cosmetics's etsy shop. There are also full size sets, mini size sets and sample sets available.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...