Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Sephora by OPI Glee Collection: Slushied

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sephora by OPI Glee Collection: Slushied

The next polish from the Sephora by OPI Glee collection that I have to show you is Slushied! Slushied is a bright Cyan cream. It basically reminds me of the color of every blue raspberry slushie I've ever had.

As with many cream finish polishes this can be a little on the streaky side and very hard to get even. It has a lot of opacity, though. I used two coats to get full coverage of my nails. The formula wasn't too thick and dried more quickly than Mash Up. Is there something about light colors that makes them dry fast?

I didn't have any chipping or wear time issues, though getting everything even was a bit of a chore. When that happens with a polish, I like to take a tiny bit of nail polish remover and sweep it over the nail, quickly. That tends to even out any lumps or flaws in the application.

The Good:
  • Good formula: opaque in two coats, no chipping, good wear time, dries quickly.
The Bad:
Nothing bad here.

The Neutral:
  • Cream finishes can be hard to work with. If you have trouble with cream finishes in general, this will be no exception.
  • This doesn't look like a color that would be hard to dupe. It actually looks similar to a fifty cent polish I bought at H&M. I do prefer the formula of this, though, if only by a nose.
Overall, if you like the color and you like cream polishes, I would have no reason to steer you away from this. However, if cream polishes are an issue for you, you may want to steer clear or try the nail polish remover trick I talked about above in the overview part of the review. The color doesn't look like a difficult one to dupe, so I wouldn't call this a must-have shade.

This is currently available at Sephora for $9.50.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...