Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: MAC Pink Cult Powder Blush

Saturday, March 5, 2011

MAC Pink Cult Powder Blush

That thing that looks like a bump in the surface of the blush
is actually a reflection of my lighting fixture.
Pink cult is a very pretty dirty blue-pink. Normally, I think I'd have gone for Overdyed, but I have way too many blushes that are way too similar, so I decided to mix it up a little.

Two different salesladies tried to talk me out of buying this. Really. The first time was when I was picking up the other stuff from Jeanius that I really wanted, the second time was when I went back the next day because I forgot to pick up some brush cleanser. They both said that this might turn ashy on me. The first time I, obviously, didn't buy it. The second time, I just decided to go for it.

Now, I'm not 100% sure what the meaning of the word 'ashy' is. I was under the impression that it meant turning grey-ish, like winter elbows, you know? The truth is, though that I'm not entirely sure. However, I'm very sure that I like this blush on me, ashy or not.

This blush is very pigmented and has a matte finish. It is a paler color, so if you're darker than medium-skinned you may want to tread with caution. The blush is smooth and easily blendable, just like all the MAC Powder Blushes I've tried.
Left to Right: Pink Cult (swatched with an eyeshadow brush), Pink Cult (blended out with blush brush)
See? Pale.

I'm not sure if it's just odd personal taste, but a lot of the time, I do wind up buying lighter blushes. I think they sort of pop and make my face look brighter. I'm not sure if the pallor of the color would be more trouble for someone darker than me, though. I'm NC50.

For reference, this is how it looks on my face:
Ashy?
The Good:
  • Smooth, pigmented, easily blendable blush.
  • Very nice color.
The Bad:
  • May turn ashy on darker skin tones?
The Neutral:
Nothing here.

Overall, I really like the color of this blush. If you do, too, and you think the color would suit you, I'd definitely go for it, because the texture is very smooth and it has great pigmentation in general. The matte finish is also nice, because it won't emphasize pores.

This is currently available at MAC stores, counters and online for $19.50.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...