Quantcast
Fierce Nerditude: One Nerdy Little Beauty Blog: Inglot Shadows Part 2: Deep Colors

Friday, March 18, 2011

Inglot Shadows Part 2: Deep Colors

Hey again, guys. Sorry for not posting this yesterday, but it's always around this point in the semester that my school workload seems to become overwhelming and take me away from other things. I may be missing a few more posts over the next month-and-a-half, as well, so please bear with me until summer vacation starts!

On a more relevant note, here's my second Inglot palette, made up of deeper colors!

The Colors:
Left to Right: 363, 422, 433, 419, 56, 446, 423, 421, 450, 12
First off, I should note that these shadows are far more pigmented than they look. 433 and 419 just refused to photograph the way they looked in real life, so I'll be decribing them.

363 is a matte taupe.
422 is an olive-y brown with a pearl finish. More on this later.
433 is a military sort of green. This also has a pearl finish.
419 is a deep olive green that reads a bit like a blue-brown in the light. Pearl finish!
56 is a deep emerald-y green with gold shimmer. This is an AMC shadow.
446 is a deep amethyst purple. This has a pearl finish.
423 is a deeper taupe than 363. Unlike 363 it has a pearl finish.
421 is a warm, pearl-finish brown.
450 is a deep, crimson red. This has a pearl finish and is one of my favorite eyeshadows.
12 is a brownish, burnt orange with silver shimmer. This has a shine finish. More below.

Matte is... matte. No sparkle, just color. I just love Inglot's matte shadows. Somehow, they're even smoother than the sparkly ones. They don't feel dry. They also both swatch and apply very well.
Pearl has a sheen but no glitter or sparkle. These are very rich, and while I feel that Inglots mattes blend very easily for mattes, these blend even more easily.
AMC stands for 'advanced makeup components'. I'm not exactly sure what these entail. The saleswoman at Inglot said that it's what makes Inglot's formula so pigmented, but the non AMC shadows that Inglot offers are equally pigmented.
Shine has sparkle. Less sparkle than a DS finish, though.

As I've said in my other Inglot review, the pigmentation on these guys is amazing across the board. In my opinion, they even surpass Urban Decay's Deluxe Shadows, and that's really saying something, because I adore UD's deluxe formula.

The Good:
  • Wide variety of colors.
  • Insanely pigmented shadows.
  • The pans are huge.
The Bad:
Nothing. I know if you're a skeptic about rave reviews like me, this probably makes you even more skeptical, but I'm sorry. I've had these for three-ish months, have used them frequently and can't think of anything legitimately bad to say. I'm seriously loving these.

The Neutral:
  • While I have nothing bad to say about the shadows themselves, the palettes have a few downsides that I'll quantify in another post. The quick thing about these is that the pans are held in magnetically and the palettes close magnetically. As you may have heard, the magnets are very strong.
Overall, I love these, and I think a lot of you will too. Inglot is, unfortunately, unavailable to a lot of people, but they're expanding. Hopefully, soon you'll all be able to try these for yourselves and decide if Inglot deserves all the praise it gets!

This is Inglot's new online store (US Only). Here's a list of store locations worldwide. If you're going to a store, call ahead of time to make sure these are in stock. At the Times Square location in particular these sell out before the shipments even come in because so many people want them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...